Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Font size too small

From what I can gather, best practice for web delivered content is to use a font that is about 10 points in size. 

This is 10 point font...

This site uses as a default about an 8 to 8.5 point size font that is too small to see well on PC displays.

I would like to see the general body font for all content set to a 10 point font size for readability.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10
9 REPLIES

Re: Font size too small

Actually checked out BBSnotes and vBulletin, it is using 10 point font by default (a # "2"), why isn't this site?  vBulletin is quite easily read with that font.

Ken Grundey

Thanks for the suggestion Ken! We brought this up internally and will address in the coming weeks. In full disclosure, the font size is a Siemens Corporate Web Design Guideline....with that said, we still want to listen to the voice of the user community.  

I will post an update on this thread when I have something to report. :-) 

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

I think Siemens need to change the guidelines for all its sites - the trend today is bigger and bolder :-)

Richard Meagher
Director of Communications
PLM World

I did find a setting that does help with making the body of messages you are reading better.  If you go to "My Settings", "Preferences" tabe, and then the "Display" section, about midway down you will find the "Text Size" area.  Set to Large or X-Large.  Doesn't change all the text on the page but message bodies are a lot easier to read.

Ken Grundey

Thanks for posting this @Grundey . Just curious if you noticed any changes to the font size lately Smiley Wink

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Yes, much more readable. Some stuff may actually be too big now Smiley LOL

Ken Grundey

If you find any areas that look "out of wack" let me know and we will fix it. We tried to catch everything but it's impossible. 

Thanks!
Susan

Actually @SusanCinadr I did notice something that fits that bill....see how the topic is arranged under the "Recent Topics", seems more disjointed than normal.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Yes I did! Even took off my glasses!
Richard Meagher
Director of Communications
PLM World