Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum losing authentication

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It seems I'm always losing authentication on the forum as I navigate between forums or posts and need to keep logging back in.  Can this please be fixed as it is quite annoying?

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com
9 REPLIES

Re: Forum losing authentication

Did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Are the forum admins monitoring this?

Also, another issue.  This forum site is very slow to load compared to other forums running Lithium.  Why is it so slow?

Ken

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi @KennyG - yes, we monitor this forum. I recommend that you try @Stefan_Pendl's suggestion to check the "remember me" box when logging in. As for the speed of the page, it loads in a few seconds for me. Do you have caching turned on in your browser? What browser are you using?

- Katie

Yes, I check the box when I am prompted for credentials. Half the time I have to just click the "Sign In" link in the upper right corner and it doesn't prompt me. I can literally click a discussion link and then when the page loads I'm no longer signed in in the exact same session.

Caching is on and I'm using the Edge browser.

My guess is there is something wrong with the connection to SalesForce you use to validate the credentials.

Ken

Community Admin
@KennyG - Hmm...you may be right, but it may be due to the fact that you use Edge. I'm not sure if the community platform supports Edge. Has this always happened when using Edge, or does it seem like it randomly popped up?

-Katie

Not sure when it popped up but it has been going on for quite a while. Pretty sure Lithium supports the Edge browser.

Ken

Legend
Legend

I'm having similar problem, I only really notice it when I'm trying to post.  Sometimes an hour or two will go by from when I start typing a new thread post to when I'm done and hit the submit button.  Goes to an error page and no more message.  I had started typing them in an email and copy/paste,  didn't do that this morning and now it's gone.  Just didn't feel like retyping the post so I gave up, maybe that's the desired effect for me! Ha ha.  I just noticed Ken's thread here, hope it's okay to chime in.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Community Admin
@bnemec - totally fine to chime in! It helps to have more examples. I'm currently exploring whether this is an IT/Webkey issue or a Lithium issue. @KennyG I'll let you know more as soon as I am able.

-Katie

There is just one more thing I noticed, that is, when you are logged into the forum for a long time and you want to do something, you get a notice that you are not logged in.

To prevent this I have reloaded the forum by reselecting it.ReloadForumAfterLongTime.pngReload forum after long idle time

Hope this helps.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide