Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent numbers on various pages

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I see inconsistencies in two prominent locations for a long time now and thought of reporting.

1. Date of a blog published on the main page is always a day behind that in the actual blog page.

DateDifferent.png

@AmyReyes you can see this for your last blog post as well.

2. The number of kudos displayed on the About page on the top portion is always unnecessarily greater than the actual number which is correctly displayed in the statistics area on the same page.

KudosDifferent.png

@AmyReyes@KatieKing you can verify this in your profile pages too.

5 REPLIES

Re: Inconsistent numbers on various pages

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Tushar,

Checking my total kudos is higher by 2, than my user stats total.

I wonder if it could be because of kudos to comment/posts outside of our regular forum subscriptions.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP1] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Hi Sean,

In fact there are 5 more in the top section than in the statistics area on your profile pageSmiley Happy

For a user's profile page the kudos number is a tally of those received from all sections of the SiemensPLM community like blog, Solid Edge forum, Students forum, 2D Drafting forum or even other forums like NX Design, CAtchbook, etc.

So this is actually a bug in the user profile page layout which should be addressed.

Also this page which lists all users across all forums is not accessible from any section of the SiemensPLM community site. I somehow managed to save the direct link some time ago. IF anyone can show where this link is accessible, I would be thankful:

community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/kudos/leaderboardpage/timerange/all

Tushar

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
@Tushar for #2, the kudos number at the top of the profile is total kudos. The number lower down the page is *net* kudos, meaning kudos given - kudos removed. Sometimes people will revert their kudos.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tushar

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I checked on the issue of inconsistencies between the dates on blog posts (main blog page vs. individual article page) and I am not seeing what you show in the screenshots. The dates are the same for both for me.

Maybe this was resolved. Could you let me know if you are still seeing it? If so, I'll look into possible causes and if we can fix it. 

Thanks!

Amy

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author
Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

Hi Amy,

Thanks for looking into this.

The problem appears to be fixed now.

Tushar