Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to change the layout of this forum ?

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Susan,

Can you provide a list of just what these levels are...

Like...  What is my next step up?  and... is Old Fart Bob ahead of me in this ranking system...

That would be just wrong on so many levels and I'd have be sure I spent more time answering and less time lurking???

What is the list as we know it as of know???  I dont know that I like being a "dreamer"...  But that might change if the next step "up" is worse?

What does it take to aquire ultimate OGRE status?

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Matt, that may depend on HOW you interact with others here, to earn that great "STATUS". [add some anger] Robot LOL

What I don't like about the layout, is the mobile version of the site. It forces you to continuously navigate back to Solid Edge sections via drop-down menu selection, even from withing an SE topic. The hyperlink navigation works very well....I wish this was implemented in the mobile version.

Hyperlink_Navigation.jpg

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

MLombard
Retired

Bob,

For what it's worth I agree with you about the names. Not sure people get that there's a difference between engineers talking about tools and kids talking about cell phones.

The only nice thing about having some sort of naming is for new people to identify serious veterans immediately. The way the names are (seemingly random - they don't convey any meaning to me), doesn't really support that.

I'll look into doing something about this. I'll probably simplify the scheme and see if I can find more meaningful categories. Old Fart is as good a place to start as any.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

MLombard
Retired

Jinglis,

Try the png again. That annoyed me too, so I searched around and found a fix.

About the wide format thing, that's something I'm not sure we can do much about. Text fits so much better on portrait than landscape. I've seen people take one monitor and turn it portrait for reading the web and word docs and such.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll see what I can do.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.