Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to change the layout of this forum ?

Phenom
Phenom
Well I'm going to update my LinkedIn profile before they change it. So far that's the only thing anybody ever said nice about me.

Genius
Genius

Okay ! So I have to take what I get here.

Proposal;

Is it possible to have this Smiley Wink

I believe it would be easy for Siemens PLM to make/program an embedded collaboration pane on the right.

Where SE (and Others) users users can discuss with each other in a skype like window and have the possibility to view 3d models made from SE,NX but also from the competition in the new ISO JT format. And have a way to view linked videos and pictures and bitmaps. So that everyone can see directly if there are any attachments in a thread.

BTW, can we have better smiley icons the one we have now are ugly.

Oh yeah and I like the "spoiler tag" ... spell check does not work in my Opera browser - let us hope it will be fixed soon so that people can understand what I want to say here Smiley Embarassed

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Prodigy vs. et al is just title based on how many posts you have on this community.  You'll soon become a "Dreamer" and move past that in no time.

Phenom
Phenom

Really... Please tell me you're joking! I can't say I'm not surprised that "social media" would rely on a system were by "quantity" of post has more value then quality.

Personaly I couldn't care less, but if this is for real, then I can only laugh at the seriousnees of this "community"  I guess we ought to invite Kim Kardashian to join... God knows she's popular for something no one has ever figured out. Give this website about 3 months and Jon Banquor will be the best rated poster.... makes sense to me!  /s

Point is if that Solid Edge Users with the most knowledge, and ygreastest ears of experience to share are given an arbitrary  ranking that has no meaning!

Smiley Surprised

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I had a nice message written about how I liked the new community site, but my post was lost when I clicked post....

It seems that .png images are not allowed.

I have attached two .jpg screen shots. One adds to Bob's complaint, and the other illustrates how using a narrow window clips text and icons from view. 

In a world of smartphones, tablets of various sizes, and normal monitors from 20"-40" (often used in multiples,) all with increasing resolutions, it seems that the guideline used to define this site doesn't meet users needs.  It seems to me that this forum's target audience would be skewed heavily toward large and multiple monitors when accessed by a PC.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Bob,  could be worse...  I'm a dreamer???  Go Figure!!!

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
Scott is correct that the ranking system is based on your participation, however to clarify, it is based on both active and/or passive participation. You can move up the ranks if you read a large number of post or you can move up in ranking if you post, add Kudos, accept solutions, etc.

However, your assessment of this being a popularity contest is incorrect and extremely inaccurate. Those who have valuable solutions/answers and share those solutions will be ranked by their peers. The more answers you post where the the user who asked the question marks it as the accepted solution, the higher you rank. For example, this thread was started by Xedu and only this user can accept the solution that best answers his question. If he selects you, Bob, then that helps your ranking.

As for your concern about someone abusing the system, there are functions in place to stop this. I have asked Kim K to participate however she is a little busy with her new baby, house hunting and her fashion line. She did say to say hello to you Bob. And thanks for being her fan ;-)

If you chose not to participate by not accepting solutions or give kudos, then that is fine however I believe many people will come to appreciate the Gamification ability on this site. If an Edgling comes and asks a question and the question is answered by someone who is ranked very high and has the reputation of an expert, that answer will most likely be trusted.

Since this thread is more about the Community and less about Solid Edge - I am moving it to the Community discussion. It will not remain in the Solid Edge category.

Thanks,
Susan
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
Dirk, these are both very good requests. Don't forget that we have a suggestion and feedback board.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Community-Suggestions/bd-p/ForumFeedback

The smiley icons are on my list of items to enhance :-)
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Phenom
Phenom

Susan,

It's as much about the silly names given as anything. As Matt mentions he is now a Dreamer, which I get to become once I spread some Kudos around.  I just never thought this website needed this "gamification" to be useful to Solid Edge user new and old.

A quick search and you get this at wiki:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamification

"Gamification techniques leverage people's natural desires for competition, achievement, status, self-expression, altruism, and closure.

A core strategy for gamifying is to provide rewards for players for accomplishing desired tasks. Types of rewards include points, achievement badges or levels, the filling of a progress bar, and providing the user with virtual currency.

Competition is another element of games that can be used in gamification. Making the rewards for accomplishing tasks visible to other players or providing leader boards are ways of encouraging players to compete."

Maybe if the names for the levels weren't so goofy i'd be more open to it. So do me a favor make one special level for people like me. You can call it:  OLD FART... and just leave me there  Heart

Bob

Genius
Genius
Okay Susan,

I will search for these s&f boards.

Thank you
Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!
Try Solid Edge for free