Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base new topics

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there team,

Can the "Knowledge Base" sections have an "Mark all as Read"?

This is just to satisfy my "sekret" OCD, and clear the new post counters....which all seem to be working correctly now, finally.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019
9 REPLIES

Re: Knowledge Base new topics

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Sean -

I don't see anything readily available but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Will check on this and get back with you.

Thanks!

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Hi Susan,

Actually further to this, when a new comment is added to an older KB topic/post, it is VERY difficult to find [see this video http://screencast.com/t/5pSUa1eo ]....maybe the layout could be expanded to have a "Show All" list, thereby a much faster giant scrolling set of listings, or better still, a shortcut to the new comment.

Sean Cresswell

Hi Team,

An old topic, but still the issue remains......even with the new forum layout, there seems no way to find ANY of the new comments as they come, not even a visual clue on each post.

It all seems lost in the depths of the information pool.....in this one area of the forum structure. Is there any movement on a fix for this? It would be nice if the posts would re-order based on their activity, then at least we'd have a shot at finding where the new chatter is situated.

Any thoughts on this @KatieKing or @ErinDaly?

Community_SolidEdge_KnowledgeBase_New.png

Community_SolidEdge_KnowledgeBase_NoMarkAllOption.png

Community_SolidEdge_KnowledgeBase_IndicatorNeededForNewComments.png

Sean Cresswell

Community Admin
@SeanCresswell - The bold in your first screenshot indicates new posts, as well as the color of the icon in your third screenshot. Do you think these could be more helpful?
-Katie

@KatieKing,

Yes, the catergory being in bold is my only indicator there is something new.....but for the life of me, I can't find what that new entry is.

Not very user friendly, clicking through the numerous pages, AND scrolling the topics, looking for that little difference that doesn't actually stand out.

Sean Cresswell

Community Admin
@SeanCresswell - Hmm, once in the TKB there should definitely be a distinctly different icon that denotes a new article. I didn't realize this wasn't displaying properly. I'll work on this, thanks for letting me know.

Community Admin

@SeanCresswell - Have you tried using the Options -> Sort by newestwhen you are actually in the thread?

I see this in the Forum functionality but not available in Knowledge Base which is where your example is from. FYI @KatieKing

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Thanks @SusanCinadr, yes I have that option set, and as you spotted, it is missing that function in the Knowledge Base.

Sean Cresswell

My great friends.

As a follow up to this.......I have just stumbled upon a button, that has cleared the hidden [likely an old post] comment, that kept the Knowledge Base header in bold, on my UI, for so long.

I only tried it, once I'd caught up on all the posts of interest - here's hoping it's finally resolved. Robot wink

2018-06-22 (1).png

Sean Cresswell