Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum interface, no next previous navigation

Phenom
Phenom

When viewing a topic/thread I can find no way to navigate to the next or previous topic/thread.

Having to navigate back to the list and find next unread topic is a PITA.

4 REPLIES

Re: New forum interface, no next previous navigation

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not quite what you asked for, but if you control-click the topic, it opens in a new tab, making things a bit easier at least.

Also, at least for me, I'm only interested in some of the topics, using next/previous would have me visiting a lot of topics that are of no interest to me.

Hope this helps,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Thomas999, @agrivas,

As an alternative for using "CTRL+LMB", you can alos simply use your middle mouse button, and the link will open in a new tab, (while my left hand is still supporting my head Smiley Happy ). Took me quite some time before I found out, but would never want to mis it again.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Phenom
Phenom

One thing I find a PITA is that the thread title is not replicated on every post like it used to be.

I use RSS Feed Reader to see new posts and when I click one it takes me directly to that post which will be at the end of the subject. When there are several threads I'm following that are similar in nature I have to scroll to the top to see which one it is. This gets more annoying when it gets to more than one page as I have to page back first then scroll to the top, then page forward again, scroll to the bottom. All just to get the context of the post.

If the thread title was replicated on each post or in a panel at the end of the thread that would be a real help.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My mouse also has functionality on bending the mousewheel left or right which i use for pageback and pageforward, and i have my browser set op open each link in a new tab.

You'll have to try harder to out-lazy me Smiley Tongue

Lazy regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}