cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 'look and feel' issues

Phenom
Phenom

Back to work today after the easter break and the Community has gone all 'new look and feel'.

However, I have a few issues:

1. Some peoples signature/tagline disappears off the end of the posts.
  2. One post was unreadable because it had included a wide image and the 'Recommendations' table to the right obscured some of the text. See here: Problem discussion
  3. As others have mentioned the posts are not hierarchical, so you cannot tell what post is in response to what other post.

Any thoughts on refining the points?

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5
3 REPLIES

Re: New 'look and feel' issues

Phenom
Phenom

On your fourm page where you have have the "Start a Discussion" button you should see an Options pull down to the right. Set this to Linear Format. That will display the main posting. You can then access the individual entries inside of that.

If an image appears cropped try selecting the image. You should be presented with a "slide show" type view. To get back to the text you need to select "Back".

Phenom
Phenom

I'm already using Linear format, but I still think at times its difficult to see what post is related to which other one.

As for the image, I know you can click on it to expand it. The problem was that the post's text was being obscured by the forum 'Recommendations' table object because the image made the post too wide.

However, looking at that discussion again this morning it seems to get layed out correctly now. I wish I'd took a snapshot of it first time...

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Creator
Creator

An issue for me is that the page does not resize well, overall. I'm on firefox, and if I have the page less than 2/3 of my screen width, all the stuff on the right side is inaccessable and there's NO scroll bar on the bottom - ie: the page does not scale correctly. I've got to drag it open to at least 3/4 of the screen to see my user name, sign in/out, etc. Waste of  precious screen space. Smiley Frustrated