Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where to post hardware specific questions suitable for all software?

If there are questions related to hardware, system configuration and software installation, which usually never fit into one of the current NX categories, it is hard to find the correct place to post them.

Couldn't we have a System Administration category that contains sub categories for NX, Teamcenter, Solid Edge, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
3 REPLIES

Re: Where to post hardware specific questions suitable for all software?

Hi @Stefan_Pendl -

Great suggestion. I will talk this over with the team and we can determine who will help to lead that area. At the moment, I can tell you that hardware questions are posted in the generic forums for each product but it makes sense to have a common area. 

I will be in touch shortly!
Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Hi Susan,

the problem is that there is no generic forum for NX, but there is a Teamcenter Administration forum in the Teamcenter area.

Thanks for taking my suggestion into account.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I notice that after 10 months there is still not an NX administration forum. Was a decision reached? Such a forum was very useful in the past.

If an administration forum for NX is not going to be created, where do you suggest the appropriate place for NX administration questions (licensing, printing, installation, patching, hardware, etc) be posted?