Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is text inside a CODE block still parsed for emoticons?

Phenom
Phenom

I just posted this reply and it includes some KF code, but the text inside the CODE block is still being parsed for emoticons.

In KF there is a LOT of colons used so in a code block theres going to be problems with emoticons. Specifically I was trying to illustrate the following string:

(point modifiable) uiPoint1: uiSelectPoint:point:;

Surely CODE blocks should be exempt from parsing for emoticons and the like?

Note that I tried using pre formatted text instead but that looks the same:

(point modifiable) uiPoint1: uiSelectPoint:point:;
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5
8 REPLIES

Re: Why is text inside a CODE block still parsed for emoticons?

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Inch -

We're currently expperiencing some issue with the code block. I've logged a Case with our platform vendor and when we have a resolution, I will post it here. Just wanted to make sure you knew we were actively working on this.

Regards,

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Community Admin

@Inch - We have adjusted some of the settings, can you test this again to see if it is now corrected?

Here is my test:

:p this is an emoticon but in the code box it should appear as a colon and the letter p.

Thanks!
Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Phenom
Phenom

@SusanCinadr My old posts certainly look better now and your example is also OK. Those changes seem to have resolved the issue.

However, trying to input a code block in this reply failed! I clicked the "Insert Code" button and the pop-up appeared, but I couldn't type anything in it. See the attached image.

Community Admin

@Inch - this happened to me as well...what browser are you using? I was using Chrome at the time so it may be somethign our platform vendor needs to fix.

Thanks,

Susan

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Susan,

This is definitely broken in Chrome (Version 36.0.1985.143 m).

I have the "IE Tab" extension installed which allows you to have IE in a tab (some of our corporate intranet sites require IE). I tried it using the extension and it works (slowly) in there OK. I've also tried it in native IE (its been that long since I actually used IE I don't have any shortcuts or anything for it, I had to do Win-R and type iexplore Smiley Surprised). Anyway, it worked in there too.

Its odd though, because when I posted the original question I was using Chrome and the code block worked perfectly then. Seems like something changed in the meantime. Could it be something to do with your change to ignore emoticons in the code block?

Community Admin

@Inch 

The platform vendor has identified this as a bug in the system and not anything us users have done :-) I will keep you updated when this is fixed. 

Thanks,

Susan

Community Admin

@Inch -

I've recieved word that the vendor fixed the Insert Code button issue in Chrome. Please let me know if you have any other issues with this. 

Thanks for reporting!! :-) 

Regards,

Susan

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @SusanCinadr 

I noticed earlier today that it worked actually

Thanks

Smiley Very Happy