Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

discussion forum look and feel

can we please get rid of the "shades of gray" philosophy?

i bought my first color monitor 25 years ago expressly to get away from that.

as i get older and my eyesight is no longer 20-20, i need color contrast to quickly find what i am looking for.

John J Bazaar
Mgr Development & Technology
ACI Services Inc
7 REPLIES

Re: discussion forum look and feel

John, probably better to post this here: http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Community-Suggestions/bd-p/ForumFeedback

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Thanks @Grundey - moved this post to the Community Suggestion area. 

@JohnBazaar - Appreciate your comments, unfortunately the color pallette for websites are governed by Siemens Corporate in Germany. We may have some leeway and can look into addressing this however our hands are tied by these rules. Thanks for your feedback and keep the suggestions coming, they provide us with customer suggestions when we have these internal discussions.

Regards,

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Susan, I respect you tremendously.
I hope you and the rest of this community don't consider this acceptable.
To illustrate my difficulty, look at the heading for this topic. the text is VERY LIGHT GRAY on a WHITE background. Any idiot can see there is not enough contrast between the text and the background to be able to easily read the text. I am quite literally and seriously getting a headache from the eyestrain this causes. This situation is unacceptable. period. raise hell if you have to. PLEASE.
John J Bazaar
ACI Services Inc

When clicking and dragging to HIGHLIGHT the text on a page produces a more readable color contrast than the site colors, something has to be done! Perhaps you could change the color and let corporate policy catch up later? I doubt anyone checks on the color scheme here, because if they did they'd realize how utterly stupid said policy ended up making their own discussion forum!

-Dylan Gondyke

Dylan
I SOOOO agree. This is dumb.
We can't even change the color of the icons so we can see what's new?

Sincerely
John J. Bazaar
Manager, Development & Technology
ACI Services, Inc.
Cambridge, OH 43725

Office: 740-435-0240 x530
Cell: 740-584-3453
Fax: 740-435-0260
Email: jbazaar@aciservicesinc.com
Web: www.ACIServicesInc.com
[Description: FB Logo][Description: LI Logo] [Description: YT Logo]
John J Bazaar
ACI Services Inc

I have to agree. There are acceptable levels of color contrast that are required so that the users eyes are not being strained by determining which color your eye is to focus on. You will find many sites that either provide stark black and white levels of contrast, which is too much constrast and then those sites that provide too little contrast.

The 10-20% gray that is being used to repeat of the subject line doesn't provide the needed contrast.

i have a 24" high def monitor and the web page zoomed to 125% and i still have trouble with this.

Siemens Corporate needs to get the message. Light gray on white is not a good setting for readability. If this doesn't get fixed, I'll be joining Scott Wertel.

John J Bazaar
ACI Services Inc