Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access an app through the AppRouter?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have pushed an app to CF. The app is accessible via the url (route) that is displayed in the the Cloud Platform Cockpit.

What is the URL to access the app via the MindSphere AppRouter?

During beta-phase it used to be https://<tenant>.appsbeta.mindsphere.io/apps/<myapp>/ but replacing the "appsbeta" with "appsdev" gives me an "Application not found".

App registration fails with 

image.png

What can I do to make this work again?

Best regards

jw

8 REPLIES

Re: How do I access an app through the AppRouter?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What exactly do you mean with AppRouter? Normally, you should be able to register the App via the AppManager to make it appear in the Tenant. The URL to the app should be in your HCP Cockpit or the console where you pushed the app to Cloud Foundtry. 

Experimenter
Experimenter
During beta phase there were two ways of accessing an app.
1) Accessing the app directly with the URL provided in the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit but this mean the MindSphere API part was missing, as in there no authentication to MindSphere and subsequently there were no tokens in the header to access the MindSphere API
2) Accessing the app via the MindSphere AppRouter (see URL above) this meant going through the proper authentication and accessing the MindSphere API with the tokens provided in the header

The App registration does not work, if I fill out the registration form with the URL provided from the HCP Cockpit I get the error message depicted in the screenshot above.

Community Manager
What sort of access and tenant are you using? Do you actually use a MindDeveloper tenant or maybe the MindAccess User tenant? You require a MindDeveloper tenant to register and publish apps.

You can find an overview about the differences in the MindDeveloper offerings here:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/MindSphere-Blog/MindSphere-Release-July-2017/ba-p/42...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Not sure where to look this up, in the IoT Data Modeler user management section my access level is "OEMAdminUser".

The tenant was part of the beta program and just recently got activated again after the 2.0 release.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

With the version 2.0, once you push your application to Cloud Platform Cockpit, you need to register your application through App. Manager application in your MindSphere tenant.

Just login to your MindSphere tenant and register application through App Manager. For registration, You will need an icon/logo for application and url (displayed in the the Cloud Platform Cockpit).

Once you register the application, you will see your application widget in your MindSphere tenant (same as other applications such as Fleet Manager , Iot DataModeler ).

Regards

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have done all that as described but the app registrations is aborted with

image.png

Sadly this error message does not really help me.

Community Manager
How was the tenant reactivated? Did you or your company purchase a MindDeveloper package? If you don't own a MindDeveloper package you won't be able to register apps. My skills are limited in this regard and I recommend you to get in touch with the support hotline to figure out which sort of access you currently have. Following that, we can make sure to assist you through each further steps until the app gets live.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I will try contacting support, thank you so far.