cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest developer guide /migration guide

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear all,

I am trying to migrate my beta user, as well as backend and frontend application, which are based on nodejs/express (using nodejs buildpack) to the latest MindSphere release,  but I am not able to install the  application any longer due to various deployment errors. The same application were running on the beta version earlier. However, another Spring-based Java Application is running well.

Questions:

1. Is there only specific versions of nodejs currently supported for the application?

2. Is there any migration guide or latest developer guide, which You can provide us? Where can I find the important information about the latest changes? It seems to be that the previous security concept  has also changed as well (e.g. URL link via App Router not working and it's not sufficient only to rename it from appsbeta => appsdev)?

Update:

1) I did trial and error by specifiying a node version (e.g. 8.3.0) on package.json in engines-section and now it works well for the deployment.

2) After registering my apps from the MindSphere Application Manager in my tenant for testing purpose, I can now access the link, but how can I unregister the apps or change the link? Will I have to register also all backend application, but then it will be visible in the app list, what I'd like to avoid here?

Thanks and best regards,

Greg

2 REPLIES

Re: Latest developer guide /migration guide

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Dear @Gregorius, have you double checked the latest Developer guidelines? You can access them in the Siemens Online Industry Support after loggin in with your Account. Its restricted information to MindDevelopers so I cannot yet post it here unfortunately. Which release are you referring to? With the V2 release some of the APIs have changed and need a bit of rework, for that you would need to take a look at the latest updated API reference.

I am working on making the changes and updates more transparent in the future but since much of the development and API documentation is yet restricted it takes some more time to get there. I will try to get some more information on your questions above in the meantime.

Re: Latest developer guide /migration guide

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am referring to the latest version 2 actually. It is very likely that the MindSphere Security and some APIs have changed and no backward compatibility is supported,e.g. security token?

Do I have to reimplement the csrf token that we have implemented in the past?

Is there any change history which can help our migration to the latest version?

Thanks and best regards,

Greg