Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

2D Material Removal Option

Hi,

I have upgraded to NX 10 from NX7.5.

Can anyone tell me how to enable 2D Material Removal option in Tool Path Visualization.

Thanks

MarvelTech

6 REPLIES

Re: 2D Material Removal Option

I think the is a SFB in the solution center that covers this, so search for "sfb 2d material removal" in the solution center.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marvel_Tech
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hello I think, this option is available only for turning?... Are you sure, that you want switch on this option ... in your attached file it seem  it is not turning but milling...

I would say youre looking for 2D dynamic page ... it is in Customer Defaults -> Manufacturing -> Simulation&Visualization -> General tab -> Show 2D Dynamic Page option

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Marvel_Tech wrote:

Hi,

I have upgraded to NX 10 from NX7.5.

Can anyone tell me how to enable 2D Material Removal option in Tool Path Visualization.

Thanks

MarvelTech

The 2D Dynamic tab can be turned on in customer defaults, but it is provided for legacy only.

3D Dynamic shows multiple colors and allows pan/zoom/rotate while it's running, and is the go forward approach.  

If you find you still need 2D Dynamic, please let me know why you prefer it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

2d is still needed due to 3d not giving a good enough quality picture of machining results. \
NX11.0.1

Hi.

2D Dynamic shows rapid cutting in RED,

Thanks
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marvel_Tech
‎12-11-2015 10:14 AM

Unless it has been reinstated since they switched it off in NX8.5

It no longer displays rapid collisions in red.

I had an IR that was changed to an ER.

Details below.

As 2D is now deprecated I don't expect much to happen.

That being said 3D verify is much better in 9.0.3 and 10.0.1 than previous versions

Subject: RE: IR 2245580 Request for Information (Desc: NX9 - Verify replay doesn't show gouges as in NX4)

As per development team this is working as designed in NX8.5 & NX9 and its documented (NX Documentation -> Release Notes -> NX 9 Caveats and Product Notes -> Manufacturing -> General Caveats) as mentioned below.

================================================

2D Dynamic collision display when verifying a tool path
--------------------------------------------------------
In previous releases, rapid tool motions through the Part, Blank or IPW were displayed in the red gouge color as material removed. In the current release, the material removal from these tool motions is not displayed, so you will not see these 
collisions. To check for collisions, do one of the following:

- Click List after the simulation stops.

- Click Collision Settings. In the Collision Settings dialog box, select the Pause on Collision check box to stop the visualization when a collision occurs. This option does not work if you step through the operation.

================================================

As this is working as designed all GTAC can now do is to submit Enhancement request to implement this in future release.

Learn online

Solution Information