Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ok. I try to use 3D cutter compenation for iТNС Heidenhain, for different NX CAM operation I have a different mom_contact_vector.

For example: 5axis operation, drive method - Surface Area, here all right (images 1 and 2)

3DCOMP_1.png1

3DCOMP_2.png2

But for Contour Profile operation and end mill tool I have a good toolpath

3DCOMP_3.png3

But - INCORRECT contact normal vectors! I use nxopen application to visualize these vectors and you can see:

3DCOMP_4.png4

One vector correct, next two - incorrect, next correct, and two next - incorrect......

3DCOMP_5.png5

Real CNC made a "break dance"........

Have you any thinks about it?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

- it looks pretty serious - make a PR on it

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Re: 3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Phenom
Phenom

I am not sure - but from the standpoint of contact point it may still be valid. It seems that they send the contact point to the post in the variables. I guess it is up to the post to use the tool position and what it may know about the tool to figure out the normal.

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Legend
Legend
I thought it was based on model surface. Did you try optimizing surface? Send video of break dance along with music of your choice dubbed over please.
Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP5 Primarily CAM

I'm not sure what to expect with contour profile, since the contact is not a single point.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Phenom

@MarkRief - contact is a single point. I select as part geometry four planar chamfer face only...

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Yuri,

Can you PR it so development can take a look?

How often is 3D cutcomp really used? are you really use it to compensate the tool or just looking to get the data out for another purpose (if so - what is it?)

Thanks,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Solution Partner Phenom
Already done:

PR Text

IR Number: 8920018
Priority: 2
Business Urgency: No
GTAC Urgency: No
PR Matrix: 6 a
============================

Learn online

Solution Information