cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ok. I try to use 3D cutter compenation for iТNС Heidenhain, for different NX CAM operation I have a different mom_contact_vector.

For example: 5axis operation, drive method - Surface Area, here all right (images 1 and 2)

But for Contour Profile operation and end mill tool I have a good toolpath

But - INCORRECT contact normal vectors! I use nxopen application to visualize these vectors and you can see:

One vector correct, next two - incorrect, next correct, and two next - incorrect......

Real CNC made a "break dance"........

Have you any thinks about it?

7 REPLIES

Re: 3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Phenom
Phenom

- it looks pretty serious - make a PR on it

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Re: 3D Cutter Compensation, strange mom_contact_normal vector. Nothing to understand....

Phenom
Phenom

I am not sure - but from the standpoint of contact point it may still be valid. It seems that they send the contact point to the post in the variables. I guess it is up to the post to use the tool position and what it may know about the tool to figure out the normal.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I thought it was based on model surface. Did you try optimizing surface? Send video of break dance along with music of your choice dubbed over please.
Glenn Balon
Production: NX 11.0.1.11 MP6 Primarily CAM

I'm not sure what to expect with contour profile, since the contact is not a single point.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Phenom

@MarkRief - contact is a single point. I select as part geometry four planar chamfer face only...

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Yuri,

Can you PR it so development can take a look?

How often is 3D cutcomp really used? are you really use it to compensate the tool or just looking to get the data out for another purpose (if so - what is it?)

Thanks,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Solution Partner Phenom
Already done:

PR Text

IR Number: 8920018
Priority: 2
Business Urgency: No
GTAC Urgency: No
PR Matrix: 6 a
============================

Learn online

Solution Information