Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Dynamic Animation speed.

Phenom
Phenom

Has anyone found a way to slow down the "Animation Speed" on "3D Dynamic" slower than the "1" setting? Even on slowest setting it moves way too fast to visually see what is cutting. My workaround is to single step through each move, but this is tedious. 

I know it is dependent on the computer and graphics card/driver etc...  The current "1" setting is what I would expect 50% to be. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 3D Dynamic Animation speed.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hey Glenn, 

did you have a chance to test the new Pick on Path capability?

I assume you would like to check an IPW or the tool in a certain position in the toolpath.

Cheers,

Alexander

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have seen the same problem for years on multiple CAM systems.

The standard response is to continually try to adjust the speed slider each rev or in some cases for each tool path type.

The only way I have seen this become a success for everyone is to make it a 2 stage process.

1.  A speed slider with a much finer scale.   A large slider.

2.  Give users control of what the min/max setting is for the slider.

This was done in Vericut.   The slider size was increased, even skipping display steps.  Also the Min move and Max movement settings were linked into the slider.   If slider is too fast, I can change my minimum move and even maximum move to smaller values, screen display is slower.

I also want to get all the toolpath display options back to "one stop shopping".  Having separate functions on the menu,RMB and in the operation is not working.  Many users are not using the new static display functions.  For toolpath display we need something similar to what was done with the Measurement in NX12.01.  Went from 15+ measurement menus to 1.    

Phenom
Phenom

@AlexanderFreund

I use the new option to select the path all the time.  I do not see any way to control the speed. As you said, I am looking too see the IPW though. 

I thought the ISV would replace the 3d Dynamic over time, and if there was no machine loaded (which is how many users work) ISV could just be used in place of 3D Dynamic. 

@VH

I have not used Vericut in a while, but I do remember those options, and seeing a consistent path speed. 

With 3D Dynamic, when milling a helical engage that is several inches long, the tool will drop down in a split second. Then a following path segment 10x shorter will take much longer.

One trick I use to slow it down, is turn on the +/- motions in 3D Dynamic. This slows the display down a little more allowing me to see what is happening. 

Glenn Balon
Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

Hey Glenn,

next January, the functionality to display the IPW in the Pick on Path will be introduced. It gives you the capability to display the IPW at the exact position you want it to see.

Look at this video (sneak peak on the next NX version):

(view in My Videos)

So it is not possible anymore to accidentially jump over the point you want to review :-)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Alexander

Phenom
Phenom

@AlexanderFreund Looks good. I have not had a need for that yet, but it is probably one of those options I will find useful, and I will find a reason to use it. 

It is too difficult to get IT to install updates, so I don't even bother with testing the new functionality. By the time they get around to updating me, it will already be released. 

While on the topic of Verifying...

I had an IR converted to ER 8818974. I wanted the ability to set "3D Dynamic" or "Replay" to pause after each operation. This would lessen the issue I am having where I am unable to see what the path is doing when verifying multiple paths. 

For example, I have a long 3d surfacing path followed by a simple circle milling path. I speed up the playback for the surfacing path, an then it blows right past smaller the circle milling path. The workaround is to verify each individually, but this is tedious. Pausing would allow me to adjust the speed before continuing. 

Glenn Balon

Pioneer
Pioneer

@AlexanderFreundgreat tool

Vladimir Jesensky, CAM, TFM Slovakia

Production: (NX 12.0.02 mp05)
Testing:(EAP1872)
Time is money

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Alexander,

Did you speed up this video?
Looks very fast, great functionality!

Sven Voeten
Pre-sales NX CAM / Manufacturing Consultant
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Phenom

Hey @Sven_Voeten,

I hope you are just joking,  haha Smiley Very Happy

Two options for you to test it:

1. You wait until the January 2018 NX release.

2. You test it in your EAP22 version

Cheers,

Alexander

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Haha, looks very fast! Smiley Very Happy

I'l take a look at it.

Sven Voeten
Pre-sales NX CAM / Manufacturing Consultant
cards PLM Solutions