Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D REST SKIPPED CUT LEVEL PROBLEM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Minimum Material Removed is greater than the effective minimum Depth per Cut.
Cut levels may be skipped.Validate the tool path before postprocessing.

yes cut levels skipped in 3d rest operation.

why is this happening just 3d rest milling operation?there is no problem in use level based rest milling.

if I give smallar value than I get a lot of unnecesarry toolpaths on part.And ı dont want to lose time trimming toolpaths and create boundaries.

we always use 3+2 operations in our parts.So how can we solve this problem. 

-----------------------------------------
NX 11.0.2.7 MP4 / Testing NX 12.0.0.27 / CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com
4 REPLIES

Re: 3D REST SKIPPED CUT LEVEL PROBLEM

If you can use level based IPW, use it, since it is a much simpler calculation for the system.

Minimum Material is there to allow you to skip cuts that do not remove much material. If it is larger than the cut depth, it is not logical to the system, which is why we display the message.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Leave minimum material at zero and the system calculates the value internally based on stock and tolerance, this usually gives the best result for 3D IPW.

Use level-based IPW, when ever possible, since it gives a much better tool path.

You can't use level-based IPW, if the previous tool didn't fit into some pockets, since the remaining material is not recognized with level-based IPW.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mark-

I sometimes receive the same error when using minimum material but it is less than the cut depth.  Is there a caveat with minimum material usage?

NX 11.0.2

Mould_United wrote:

Mark-

I sometimes receive the same error when using minimum material but it is less than the cut depth.  Is there a caveat with minimum material usage?

I would only way that it is an approximate calculation, so am sure there are conditions that are not perfect. The intended use is to avoid the tool trying to clean up little specs of material scattered around the part. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information