cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Dynamic - Forward to next operation

Legend
Legend

Why does this just skip to the next operation? And it does so without removing any material that should be gone with the first operation.

What I want to do is click this button and let current operation run until it gets to next.

I have really deep pocket with multiple 5x operations. I want to be able to hit play and have it stop when it reaches the next without having to sit at computer

NX11.0.1
8 REPLIES

Re: 3d Dynamic - Forward to next operation

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

You should be able to start wherever you want and the 3-D workpiect display the removed material from prior operations.

This along with many other reasons is why we use Vericut.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk

Legend
Legend

I use the internal ISV for simulation but for 3d verify I cant just select the operation.

I have a lot of 5x simultaneous operations that have dummy workpieces with simple geometry to give me the exact toolpath I want.

So i usually grab the operation before the dummy workpiece for the 3d verify starting point. However this 5x simulatenous program is 2.5 hours long and very intensive so it takes 10+ min to verify through the first operation I already know is good.

NX11.0.1

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

What I will do sometimes is have one workpiece with the Blank stock and then other child workpiece objects under that with different MCS's or part geometry.  So on the Geometry view the Blank is at the top of the tree.

I feel your pain

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The way how you describe is exactly how the system should work.

"Forward to Next Operation" in Verify 3D will not remove material.

You can simply play and slider to the right with material removal, or select the operation you like to verify, then the system then will use the IPW from the previous operation as the starting one.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A work around that I use is to create an IPW of the previous operations using 3d dynamic verify. Then create a geometry workpiece of just a blank using the IPW. Next create a dummy operation like a planner mill using the workpiece as geometry and place it right before the operations that need verifying. The dummy operation needs to generate tool motion but not actually touch the part. A little convoluted but saves time if you have a lot of refining to do to your finish operations.

HTH Eric

Legend
Legend

The main problem comes from NX inability to generate clean 5x paths with the full workpiece sometimes. Take workpiece out and use surfaces and you get perfect path.

But I guess for now Im asking is how hard is it to impliment a "play to next" so the user can walk away from the computer while that IPW verify runs...

I will create an ER

NX11.0.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree with the clean toolpath statement. My goto path has become surface area without any part , stock or check geometry. What might be nice is for NX to warn is the tool or shank is close without it trying to correct for it.

Eric

Legend
Legend

Yup this is where I'm at as well... WIll create a couple requests and report back.

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information