cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Verify in Nx9 mp3 gone in nx10?

Legend
Legend

How do I get this back in nx10? I really got used to and liked the new verify.

NX11.0.1
8 REPLIES

Re: 3d Verify in Nx9 mp3 gone in nx10?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

what 3D verify? As far as I can tell there is no change in NX10.

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Legend
Legend
NX9 MP3 had only 3d verify which was a crossover between 2d and 3d. Graphics were way better in the 3d version and you could move it around.
NX11.0.1

Solution Partner Phenom

I can't see any difference in the 3D verify in NX9.0.3 MP3 vs NX10 (see image below).

The replay results look exactly the same to me.

2015-01-28_14-06-25.png

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)

Legend
Legend

Solution Partner Phenom

I don't understand what you're expecting.

The image of the dialog you've posted looks the same to me in my NX9.0.3 MP3 and NX10.

Legend
Legend

I opened an old file from nx9 in 10 and got similar results with 3d verify. I opened a new file created in 10 and it seems like the graphics display is back to 8.5 style.

Same graphics settings on 9 and 10.

Graphics

NX11.0.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dstryr wrote:
NX9 MP3 had only 3d verify which was a crossover between 2d and 3d. Graphics were way better in the 3d version and you could move it around.

With the exception of 2d getting a little more "dirtier" in 9 from previous versions, IMO 3d is still not quite clean enough to eliminate 2d, even though 2d is a static display. #d looks nice on prismatic parts that have large radii.  I still have to use 2d to examine areas with small corners.  I think 3d would be fine if all users programmed were prismatic or large parts but I have found 3d resoultion management to be lacking when verifying 3d mould geometry, especially when I have small corners on large parts.  A typical example is when the displayed cut model is so choppy that I cannot see anything that looks like the small radii I need to verify.  So far I have not been able to determine settings that work well on small and large parts that display well enough to be useful and I do not have the time to switch back and forth between different settings for different parts. 

NX 11.0.2

Dstryr wrote:

How do I get this back in nx10? I really got used to and liked the new verify.

New CAM functionality introduced in NX 9.0.3 becomes available in NX 10.0.1.

I am guessing that you set an ENV to test the new IPW in 9.0.3 MP2, which enhances what you see in 3D verify.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information