Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3d compensation heidenhain

HI

I wonder if there are anyone in our community that have implemented 3d compensation , both 3 and 5 axis , we have done some intial testing and are strugeling to get it right Smiley Wink , it is hard to find right information from heidenhain and from machine suppliers.

Thank you in advance //stefan blomgren

Best Regards

Stefan Blomgren, M.Sc.
Cad/Cam Applications SecoTools /Sandvik

Internet http://www.secotools.com
SWEDEN

Email stefan.blomgren@secotools.com
3 REPLIES

Re: 3d compensation heidenhain

Hi Stefan,

We've are using it everyday in mold making and aerospace parts. In a Hermle C42 machine with Heidenhain 640 control, works great ! (with some obious limitations of course..)

Any particular question please feel free to ask, see if we can help !

Hi and thank you for the answer, we have tested today in a c12 with the 640 and now we seems to have the 3axis correct , we finaly got the parameters right in the machine and a correct postprocessor and we think we now understand how to compensate for instance we tested to  use a end mill (dia 6 r2) and to replace it with a fullradius R3 cutter and was able to use same program Smiley Wink

we will now test more 5 and 4 axis -> next week ...

our main purpose to use 3d comp will be in our electrode milling (today we make up to 4 programs with different electrode gaps and when (it happends sometime) our edm machines need new stocks we have to revise our programs , in the future we will program everything with stock = 0 and we will adjust in our machines so the edm people can decide whatever they like ....

i would be greate if you mail me your email adress so we can discuss more over mail

my address is stefan.blomgren@secotools.com (sandvik company)

Best Regards

Stefan Blomgren, M.Sc.
Cad/Cam Applications SecoTools /Sandvik

Internet http://www.secotools.com
SWEDEN

Email stefan.blomgren@secotools.com

[ Edited ]

hello guys,

can you give some informatin what variable do you use in this case and when ?

LN

X Y Z  mom pos (or contact point?)

NX NY NZ contact normal vec

TX TY TZ tool axis vec

is there any else things what I need to know ?

thank you

jb

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Learn online

Solution Information