cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Axis in NX CAM

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello, Why Siemens does not put strategies in NX CAM for 5 axis, hyperMill and other Cam are investing a lot in 5 axis ..

Regards..

Richard.

67 REPLIES

Re: 5 Axis in NX CAM

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

NX CAM contains 5-axis strategies for about 25 releases now, but they have been asleep for a long time.

Revamping the old operations is nothing that is done within a day and backwards compatibility is a must.

NX 11 is the 31st main release of UG:

1. UGI ... up to v2
  2. UGII ... v3 to v18
  3. NX ... v19 and up

What are you missing?

Have you opened enhancement requests at GTAC?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Please be more specific - what are you looking for?

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.2.7

Phenom
Phenom

Cutter definition by any profile would be good too.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Genius
Genius

Stefan_Pendl wrote:
What are you missing?

Some 5ax OOTB examples, maybe? lolll Tired of the simple Variable Stremline found in all SIM's sample part.

Problem being nobody knows how to use NX Cam 5ax to its potential and end up buying a seat of HSMWorks, or, Hypermill, or, Powermill, etc.... instead of spending 3.5 months trying to figure out things, or reading never ending documentation.

We did for 4 & 5ax anyway. NXCam drills nice holes however

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi, 

Functionality requested are not available in NX…But currently available in Hypermill ,Mastercam ,Powermill,WorkNC and others.

MAXX Roughing & Finishing.
 5axis helical drilling
 3D-optimised rest material roughing
 Performance boost for Z-level finishing
 High-performance-cutting (HPC)

Tire Mold

Finishing conical Barrel Tools

regards.

Richard..

Genius
Genius

Richard_audie wrote:

Hi, 

Functionality requested are not available in NX…But currently available in Hypermill ,Mastercam ,Powermill,WorkNC and others.

The funny thing is all of what you've highlighted is feasible usig NX's 5ax strategies. All it needs is a "deep creative moment" and tada. Driving with curves, planes, vectors, project tool axis, etc etc you can manipulate each and every tool path imaginable.

But... how! (Is your real question imo, and mine too)

Often needs a lot of reading and trial and error e.g.if you are not doing this 5ax prog all day long. The opposite of being productive basically. I remember spending in more than a day (one day) for 1(one) multiaxis tool path. Hard work NX!

Other Cam pkg mentioned are nearly "click & generate". They are fun to use in fact. Thankfully this works for the majority however when you need to be creative, these pkg won't let you.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Richard_audie wrote:

Hi, 

All these software packages introduced 5-axis milling much later than NX, if I remember correctly.

Create enhancement requests and post their call numbers with a brief description here and we will be happy to ask GTAC for a me-too addition Smiley Wink

@Eddy_Finaro, I hope you don't hate me for this suggestion Smiley Wink

Introduction of Z-Level-5-axis was the start of modernizing the 5-axis operations.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Legend
Legend

I agree on the 5x module having a ton of control but more examples are needed. With only really a few toolpath templates there is a ton of control but not much documentation.

I've thought about going to an advanced 5x class but have heard from others that the class isn't that "advanced"

NX11.0.1

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I think we can all agreethat there are MANY enhancements needed that other systems may claim to already have.  I can't speak from experience about that. 

However if you have a specific need or application there are many here on this forum that may be able to provide an example. 

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.2.7

Learn online

Solution Information