Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A, B, C angles from machine axis rotation in CSE.

With the command calculateIKSAngles, I can obtain the A, B, C angles from a machine axis rotation. I need the opposite, I have a machine axis rotation, (for example the B joint has a value of 90 degrees) and I need to obtain the A, B, C values of the rotation.

Any idea on how can I calculate them?

Regards

Frank.

6 REPLIES

Re: A, B, C angles from machine axis rotation in CSE.

Hi Frank,

calculateIKSAngles works in that way that you input a target vector togehter with the chain. The results are solutions for machine axis angles. Now your requirement is to put in the machine axis values to get the target vector. 

I didn´t checked it but you can try the following approach ....

Start with a empty matrix and rotate it depending on the machine configuration around the tool/part rotary angle (do it in the right order!). The 3 line of the resulting matrix should return the target vector.

Thomas 

Hello, I understood the request differently.

Input values:      from the rotary axis of the kinematics model

Desired Values:  Rotary angles for the coordinate rotation e.g. Plane Spatial

This we can not deliver and I doubt it will be easy to do, as multiple way of rotation can lead to the same kinematic axis position. There is not a unique solution.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Thank You guys, I have asked the question erroneously, but you have understood what I want to mean.
The input data are the rotary axis values, and the target are A, B and C values.

I have tried the first idea with one rotation axis and I have obtained a solution, but I didn't check it with two rotations simultaneously.
As you said, there are multiple solutions.

I think I will try other approach to solve my simulation problem.

Frank.

Hi Frank
There is a possibility to do this.

But you need the Vector of 4th and 5th axis,
The Machine configuration (Head/Head,Head/Table,Table/Table)
Order of axis Rotation (ZYX,XYZ,ZXZ,XZX......)

regards

Than

Hello,

I have the 4th and 5th axis of the machine, in this case 0,1,0 and 0,0,1, the machine is a Table/Table and the order of axis rotation must be ZXZ. ¿How can I do it?

Regards

Frank.

I don't recall seeing any example post or function delivered handling this (completely.) You will have to do the math (I think.) There are examples of doing some of this - sim example 15 (I think) does some frame transformations. The kin setting would be TT (as you have) and you would use mom_mcs_goto for path locations. You will need to look at the tool vector and use ATAN2 tcl function to get angles needed for the angles.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information