Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A PART OF THE MODEL HASNT BEEN MACHINED

Creator
Creator

When simulating the machine I have some part that has not fully machined. This happens only when in 'TOOL PATH SIMULATION' whereas when 'MACHINE CODE SIMULATION' is chosen the part is fully macined.

Please explain why this happens.

left over.jpgWhen verifying the tool path alone there is no problem and the part is machined according to the profile.

4 REPLIES

Re: A PART OF THE MODEL HASNT BEEN MACHINED

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Please upload a screenshot of the operation tool path outside of simulation. In other words, exit simulation then right-click on the Cavity Mill operation and select Replay. Take a screen shot of that and post it in a reply.

Next, I would like you to use Verify Tool Path on the same operation using the 3D Dynamic option and see if you get the same behavior. Make another movie of this and upload it as well.

Are you using Cutter Compensation in this operation? The question is kind of irrelevent becasue the other bosses are getting finished so I suspect that cutter comp has nothing to do with this. I'm just trying to weed out some possibilities.

Creator
Creator

No I did not use tool compensation.
ss.jpg

Siemens Legend

Did you analize the area after the tool path ran to see if there is actually stock left there from machining. What you may be seeing is a graphics issue.

If there is actually stock there you might want to try turning on Add Finish Pass in Cutting Parameters.

Siemens Legend

I watched your newly uploaded movie file showing 3D Dynamic Verify. This is a very interesting issue.

As Mike said already, I too suspect that this is just a graphical error. The tool path clearly shows that it cuts all the way around each of the bosses, so this problem won't exist on the actual machine tool.

However, this G code simulation issue should be investigated. Before you report anything to GTAC though, I encourage you to try this on a newer version of NX. I see you are running NX9. It very well may be that this problem has been taken care of in one of the later release versions.

If you cannot test on a new version, then upload the part file as an attachment to this discussion and we can test it ourselves and show the results.

Learn online

Solution Information