cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tip of the hat to Ken Akerboom

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Just another thanks to Ken Akerboom.  Once again your proc for displaying all global variables has saved my bacon.  There are many mom_isv... variables available to use but they're not always right in front of our eyes.

My objective was to set a fanuc variable in the CSE run.  I wanted the overall length of the tool, shank and holder.  The basic mom variables don't consider the length of the shank, just the holder and tool.

Thanks again for sharing your proc Ken.

Have a good one.

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation
4 REPLIES

Re: A tip of the hat to Ken Akerboom

Phenom
Phenom

I agree. Ken helped a lot of people when he decided to share that routine.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

George @Not-Yet-Retired, glad know you were able to get the job done.

There are some variables that sum up other variables:

mom_tool_extension_length = tool length + shank length - holder offset
     mom_tool_holder_overall_length = sum of all holder step lengths.

Do these help, or were you looking for something else?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Mark

Yup, I'm still working but still loving it.

Actually mom_tool_holder_overall_length didn't consider the shank length when I tested it. I'll take another look to be sure I didn't miss anything.  I didn't see mom_tool_extension_length although it may have been in the results list.  As soon as I saw mom_isv_tool_x_correction(0,0) I knew I had my variable because it matches the return value from the CSE command getLCorrection ().

In the end, I didn't use it anyway.  I was looking for a way to load tools by name in a Fanuc machine kit.  My customer wants to always use tool name because he uses many tools with the same number.  This wasn't so easy with Fanuc as it is with Heidenhain or Siemens 840D but I found a way to pass the tool name string to the ToolChange sub program.

Boomer still deserves a pat on the back. Smiley Happy

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation

Phenom
Phenom

I wish I had the cse editing options. I am just checking in the code if posting by simulation and setting the tool load to T="tool name" M6 in that case but posting tool change to machine requirements otherwise. Like you say - siemens is set up to key on that.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information