Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add PP-Event to Tool

Hello

I would like to add a Post-Event (Cooling) to new created tools. I tryed it like this:

First i added a machine to the template then i choose "Start-event" to add this to the tool.

2017-07-07_09h05_51.png

This works. But we got several Machines with diffrent coolant options.

(Machine 1 only external coolant; Machine 2 External/Internal Coolant)

-How is it possible to load the right coolant-modes when i change the machine?

In a further step we would like to add the coolant to the tool libary. I read the "Create Tool Information" but i can't see the Dialog "user parameters" when i add this to the tooldialg.

-What is wrong?

2017-07-07_09h06_00_01.png

Thanks for your Help

Have a nice weekend :-)

I work with NX 10.0.3.5 MP14 

The post is written by an external company.

11 REPLIES

Re: Add PP-Event to Tool

Phenom
Phenom

..to several machines:

if I understood it well, your ude is working.

To get diferent coolant for diferent machines - you have to handle it in postprocessor.

If you are using ude coolant - there is a tab in PP where you can set M for coolant type.

If you are using your custom ude for coolant - you can also set outputs for each type of your avraible.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Im really not a Hero in build a postprocessor... can you show me a picture what you mean?

These UDE objects work all fine itself (they are created by an external company)

but they dont change if we change the machine...

2017-07-06_16h26_16.png2017-07-07_15h48_09.png

It sticks to the set UDE set in the template part.

We would like to update these UDE by changing the machine.

Is there any idea for this?

The UDE on the tool should indicate what coolant type the tool is capable of, or what is desired. If you only care if the tool can do coolant thru, that is a OOTB tool parameter already. Then the post should output the correct code based on the capabilities of the machine. 

User tool parameters can only be added to a tool during library retrieval by customization. If you do that, then the user parameters UI item will display them. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

@Bernhard_SwissI was just talking about editing the reaction of postpocesors to your ude. Not about editing/enlarging ude for different machines.

If you mean add coolant types you should add it into your ude or where it is.And than tell PP to do something.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Thank you for your answers

The OOTB switch for the internal coolant is good. But every Machine has diffrent cooling systems (Air blow; Internal Air blow; minimal lubrication... )

So if i create a new tool it should the correct UDE apear for the selected machine.

I had the mention then i can write in the tooldatabase.dat a specified number for the coolant. Like i choose these in a start-event: (1,2,3,4...)

2017-07-07_20h42_00.png

Is this maybe realizable?

juray is right. I misunderstand his reply.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The major problem is that if an UDE is created, it is not updated in any way.

To have the options change, you need to delete and re-create the UDE.

Have you checked the coolant UDE shipping with NX?

You really need to use a coolant UDE that is really simple and the post-processor needs to do the right thing based on this simple UDE.

The coolant UDE shipping with NX always allows to enable only one coolant type:OOTB coolant UDEOOTB coolant UDE

My custom UDE allows to select all that apply:Custom Coolant UDECustom Coolant UDE

As you can see some of the machines work with coolant level, others use the pressure value directly, so one needs to add some logic to migrate from one to the other.

The code to handle the UDE sets mom_coolant_mode to "ON", changes mom_sys_coolant_code($mom_coolant_mode) to the appropriate M-code number and fills out a variable that is assigned to the coolant trailer if need is.

This way the regular logic to handle the coolant output is still working, but I can combine coolant codes.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thank you for your reply. Your solution is very intresting.

I have only one problem... I can't change the UDE because the PP is written by a external company.

If we would change the UDE to something like in your description, we have to update all files who been written?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have created a custom dialog to set the coolant for all tools in one go, which you could create too, to replace the currently applied coolant UDE with the one for the currently loaded machine.Coolant DialogCoolant DialogHope this helps or gives you some ideas Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

This is great!

This could solve my problem. Unfortunately i have no Block Styler / .net Author license :-(

Could you give me a codeexample? Maybe there is a solution with a journal...

Thank you for your answer

Learn online

Solution Information