Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additive Manufacturing - You Asked. We Answered.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi everyone,

Just a quick introduction for those of you who may not know me...

My name is Ashley Eckhoff and I've been working for Siemens for over 20 years.  In that time I've written code for NX, I was a NX Product Manager for years, and now I work with the manufacturing team on additive manufacturing or 3D printing.

I am planning to start a series of blogs about additive manufacturing where I and other Siemens experts answer your questions about 3D printing, so I'm looking for questions from our customer base.  Depending on the questions we get, I may even call in experts from some of our partners to get you the best answers possilbe for your 3D printing questions.

So, what would you like to know about 3D printing? Do you just want to know how to get started?  What kind of parts are good for printing?  What you need to do to design parts that print properly?  What kinds of machines need support structures?  What is Topology Optimization and how does it work?  Anything about designing for additive and the printing process is fair game. 

So, please send your questions to ashley.eckhoff@siemens.com with the subject "YAWA".  I can't guarantee that we'll answer every question that comes in, but we'll certainly make a good effort to.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you want to know about additive manufacturing and getting you answers to your 3D printing questions.

--Ashley

PS - Just to clarify, please e-mail me the questions as stated above and I will be putting together blog posts that give detailed answers. The frequency of the posts will depend on the number of questions and the amount of digging we need to do to put together good, quality answers.

I don't always design printed parts... but when I do, I use NX.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Additive Manufacturing - You Asked. We Answered.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

And I am new to Siemens but not to manufacturing. I'm one of the Product Manager's for Additive Manufacturing, the multi-axis additive manufacturing, to be specific. I'm going to try and check in on the forums regularly to see what questions/opinions/thoughts/ideas people have on our AM products.

The industry is only at the tip of the iceberg for AM and we really want everyone to succeed with this technology in the future. I'd love to figure out some way to see what everyone is doing with AM, or what it is you hope to do.

Who is going to IMTS this year to check out AM?

Learn online

Solution Information