Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An invalid tag was passed to the tag module

We recently upgraded form NX7.5.5.4 (various MPs) to NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + a Moog specific patch for CAM.

Teamcenter 11.2 .

We've noticed we get the "An invalid tag was passed to the tag module" error a LOT more now in CAM.

Unfortunately I've not been able to do much debugging, and usually part cleanup and/or refiling the assembly seems to "fix" it, but then it will occur again later.

Not reported to GTAC yet (I'm too busy with other fires,and usually by the time I get involved the session & syslog are long gone) but I'm wondering if others have seen this, and if anyone's been able to figure anything out.

Thanks...Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

8 REPLIES

Re: An invalid tag was passed to the tag module

Ken,

Can you please try to share a syslog or two?

That will hopefully allow us to tell you if this is a known problem or not.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

There have been many strange issues related to verify, which have been resolved in NX 10.0.3 MP8.

The syslog contains an excerpt of the failing object, so you can further track the issue down.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hello @Ken_A

We upgraded to NX10.0.2MP5 + patch for us and we have over the last 4 weeks have seen tag errors when trying to delete operations it will exit manufacturing and all you can do is move the operation to the unused folder, it is strange as we upgraded back in June and all we can say is that we are getting more NX10 models coming through?

We raised a call with GTAC and were advised this was fixed in NX10.0.3 MP3 I know this doesn't help you as you are on MP5 so it must be another issue?

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

[ Edited ]

@CAM_Jockey Dave,

If GTAC can identify which PR fixed the problem in 10.0.3 mp3, let me know the PR number, and I can check if the fix can be back ported to 10.0.2.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi @MarkRief,

Thank you for the offer, I will send you the number when I am back in the office.
I have asked GTAC to put a request in to get it fixed for NX10.0.2MPxx, we need to upgrade to NX10.0.3 MP10 at least due to upgrading to windows 10 and needing to have a supported release so 10.0.3 is the first release I believe is supported.
I was more interested in what Ken's issue is as the tag errors are causing us issue ms and I was hoping that it had been resolved as GTAC had suggested?
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

An update...

We have 2 users in that group.  1 always gets errors, another doesn't.

The major differences in the way they work, is the one who gets errors uses IPWs and Verify.  The other one doesn't.

Note I filed an IR (with just a syslog) - 7902048 (although this time the error was "An illegal file was given to the tag system")

Something that occurs to me as I type this...

Would it make a difference if someone copies & pastes an operation from one part to another, vs. using the first part as an "operation template" and "creates a new" operation based on the one in the "source" part?

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

There are many problems with verify 3D and boundaries.

You will encounter problems with copied operations that contain boundaries if their plane references a solid in the source part.

In general boundaries should not be created based on solid geometry if you like to copy them over to another part file.

Most of the issues we have encountered, have been fixed in NX 10.0.3 MP10, there is still one open with a "matrix is non-orthonormal" error that is related to boundaries.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi @Ken_A

I am currently testing NX10.0.3MP10 and so far all of the TAG errors we were seeing seem to have been resolved so far!

I was looking into whether the Hole_making operations were a factor as it seemed to affect new programs using these? more so than a program with no holes? but we have had issue with Planar milling operations as well?

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information