Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyze color mapping wrong

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am trying to analyse if I did well in programming or I should maybe choose a smaller mill.
- the Analyze color map does not correspond to the measured values

Do I need to somewhere increase the color map resolution to see it properly?
In that perspective even the jumping from red to blue doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the help

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Analyze color mapping wrong

Phenom
Phenom

@Michiel2, looks more like your IPW doesn't have enough resolution. Try setting IPW resolution in the verify window or go to settings and increase the needle count.

Untitled2.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

Just in case you need to find this setting, it is in File - Utilities -Customer Defaults - Manufacturing - Simulation & Visualization. 

settings.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

@hjoy
I have the 'Fine' set in Tool Path Visualization
and the same settings as you for the customer defaults.
Except:
'Needle Distance > Maximum Needle Count' I have set to 10 000
(I do not recall if this was by exploratory testing or advised by support company)

But in the end color map is rather misleading as helpful for my program assessment.

Phenom
Phenom

Have you tried setting the min max settings manually and hitting Reset Colors, sometimes this helps. I've also seen poor results occasionally. Looking at your picture it still seems there's not enough IPW info there. The settings I posted are more or less the standard settings, for more precise work I'll bump the tolerance and needle count. Any chance you can post the file?

Harri

Pioneer
Pioneer

Reset Colors, and set them manually back to my ones from above.
Look at the result.... colors are differently distributed but at roughly the same spot roughly the same deviation.

Let me try to get a file with this case I can share later on now.

Pioneer
Pioneer
I noticed at cleaning the file, the type of blank is the cause. See 2 attached pictures after the exact same operations. I used an imported STL (NX Facet Body) with 3rd picture settings. Any advice what to change to not have this issue anymore?

Phenom
Phenom

Sorry, a little confused; where are the stl files coming from? Previous operations? Separate saved file? Scan of casting?

/Harri

Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer
let's say it is a design of the casting,
I could go for fine even more I guess.

Phenom
Phenom

@Michiel2, I think this is the key. If the IPW is lacking in detail, the verify result will be chunky and unreliable. Not much more I can help with here..

/Harri

Learn online

Solution Information