Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc output G02

Creator
Creator

I want to output arcs  arc.jpgnc files is G02, but only the G01. please help me.

16 REPLIES

Re: Arc output G02

Phenom
Phenom

it looks like no circle but some spline,

look at replay:

Snímka.JPG

and if this is the case I am talking about and you dont see CIRCLE - everything is alright and dont even think about G02/03 Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

In the operation dialog of the tool path you are post-processing, double check that Motion Output Type in the Machine Control group is set to Arc - Perp to Tool Axis.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

as juraj said, if there are no CIRCLE moves in the internal toolpath (I use: Right-click on operation -> toolpath -> list) then you will never get arc output.

Note if you are doing this for high speed machining, you probably WANT G1 output (although I am no expert, I have heard that the HSM algorithms have to "stop" at arc moves, then restart again after the arc, which will slow down processing/machining)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator
thank you very much.

Creator
Creator
thank for reply.

Genius
Genius

Ken_A wrote:

as juraj said, if there are no CIRCLE moves in the internal toolpath (I use: Right-click on operation -> toolpath -> list) then you will never get arc output.

Note if you are doing this for high speed machining, you probably WANT G1 output (although I am no expert, I have heard that the HSM algorithms have to "stop" at arc moves, then restart again after the arc, which will slow down processing/machining)

What if we want G2?I forced G2 (PB) output in circular move and reduced arc length,but still getting G1.Internal toolpath does have circular output.

Phenom
Phenom

If the internal toolpath has CIRCLE and posted outpot is linear moves, look at minimum arc length and radius values in post

Genius
Genius

Toolpath arc is much much larger then set minimum arc length in PB,so there should be no problem there.I used library's  Siemens post,if that means something in this case.

Phenom
Phenom

What is the operation type?

Another possible problem is the plane of arc and machine kinematics.

Learn online

Solution Information