Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Milling Cut Region

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good day,

Is there any option in NX where we can update the created cut region in Fixed Contour Area Milling?

Because if I made some modification in the model the created cut region is also affected, mostly I do tool path generation after I made all the operation. The problem is that when I did a lot of work to modify the cut region, I need to recreate again because it is not updated. I also regenerate tool path if I want to change the cut direction or the cutting pitch.

Thank you

Jayson

4 REPLIES

Re: Area Milling Cut Region

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There is currently no option to update, there is only delete and re-create.

There are several issues reported at GTAC, so you should ask them to be added to the list of customers needing this.

1. Enhancement requests
    • 9027774 ... FASC: Cut Regions cannot be updated only deleted and recreated
    • 8346170 ... keep cut regions when copying operations
  2. Problem reports
    • 8807266 ... mirroring operations changes cut regions

Hope to see your vote added Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @sanji,

I would like to share with you, how you could select Surfaces for a Mill Area, which will be automatically updated if a design change happens.

Important is the Selection Intent. You have to set the right Face Rules when selecting the surfaces for the Mill Area. 

I made a small video for you, where you can see the differnce between selecting Single Faces (lowest update stability), Tangent Faces and a slection with Edge Bounded regions. As you can see in the video, after I added an additional piece of geometry, the Mill Area with the Single Face Selection didn't take this new geometry into account, while the Tangent Face selection and the Edge Bounded Region also recognized the new geometry.

(view in My Videos)

As @Stefan_Pendl mentioned, there are limitations to the update stability of Mill Area. For example, if you would delete one of the edges for the Edge Bounded region intend, then how should the system know what other edge it should take instead?

If you are working with foreign data like STEP or IGES I would like to advise you to use the Master Model Concept including our Wave Link technology. Therefore it is possible to have update stability even if you work with foreign data.

This is a nice video from our partner Acuity about the NX CAM Replacement Assistent, which shows the great capability of NX working with foreign data:

NX CAM - Replacement Assistent

I hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Alexander

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good day,

Thank you Sir, how can I vote to these ER?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Go to http://siemens.com/gtac/ and create an incident report that requests to be added to the existing reports.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information