Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Update - Feature Based Modeling

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

I have a very intricate prt that I am modeling in NX10. As it gets larger the update for this part is slowing me down. Is there a way to turn auto update off and still be able to roll back and forth on the history tree.

thanks for you consideration

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Auto Update - Feature Based Modeling

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Yes, you can influence the performance of the Feature Update behavior if you are on the latest NX10.0.3 MP19 in one of two ways:

- You can switch to modeling to make your changes and switch back to manufacturing after you are done with modeling. With the latest MP, this will delay the manufacturing feature updates and only execute them once.

- You can stay in manufacturing and use the MB3 command to activate the "Delay Updates" mode in the Machining Feature Navigator before you start making changes to your model. When you are done making your changes, you can  trigger the updates by deactivating the "Delay Updates" mode.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

I am in modeling not manufacturing - (I am 3d printing these parts) working on my model. It has associated copied (wave linkd)elements withing the prt I am creating, and as I make modification to previous functions (edit with roll back) my model updates all previous operations everytime I proceed down the history tree and it is time consuming. It may be that the join operations from the associated copied geometry is causing this delay in update, I am not sure. Was hoping there was something I need to turn on or off in my tools menu or something.... I appreciate your input and I will follow up with these suggestions and see what results I get. 

This will be helpful when I go into mold production I have the same issues then...

Thanks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You need to ask modeling questions in the NX Design forum, this one is exclusively related to the NX manufacturing application.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Hecan,

yes there is a possibility to turn off the automatic model update. Please see in the picture below.

Menu --> Tools --> Update --> Delay Model Update

2018-01-08 16_15_22-NX 12 CAM_nx1202 Build CAM_nx1202.39 - Modeling.png

Cheers,
Alexander

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Learn online

Solution Information