Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Auto insert user text for Post

Hi all,

Can config in Post Builder to auto insert user text for Post in the time (or distance) tool move we set?

Example: tool move 5 minute (or 30mm) then inserted some commands (ex: retract tool) 

Thanks.

Khang

4 REPLIES

Re: Auto insert user text for Post

Not what you're asking, but some operation types (e.g. lathe roughing) have a "local return" option to control this (do something based on distance travelled or time).

Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of tcl.

Time is not too bad (mom_event_time, mom_cutting_time, mom_machine_time) can all be used.

Length is another matter - for each move type you'll have to calculate how long that move was, and add to total length.  I don't know of any mom variables that track the distance a tool has cut (although there could be some)

In any case, it will be "interesting" how to figure out how to *safely* retract & re-engage the tool

Retract is primarily an issue if undercutting is possible (T/barrel/lollipop cutters, also some turning tools, e.g. an ID groove)

Re-engage will be even more tricky.

Have fun!

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Khang
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

In NX, you can divide many milling operations by time or distance.

You can specify a clearance plane, and UDEs to be output at the start and end of each segment. You can also drag each operation to a different tool.

You can break up a program in the post, but this can be risky because you'r flying blind. 

The attached custom command should give you some ideas. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks Ken_A and MarkRief,

Please see image below for more detail.

This is result I want to like this.

In NX CAM, I need to add some command to NC code (no worry about safety because the model is simple.) to tool move up.

The image below which NX CAM created.

The location move up best is measure in distance tool move

Setup in operation or Post Builder is OK

Please give some ideas.

Thanks.

Hi  MarkRief,  

The Devide Toolpath have these option.

Thanks you.

Learn online

Solution Information