cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic changing color of workpiece

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I want to know, why the color of my workpiece is changing if I select a milling-operation in operation-navigator. If I select a holemaking-, holemilling- or a PTP-operation the color is allways original. Can I stop changing the color to grey in milling-operations? We have a color-blind user and in some cases it's very difficult to recognize the toolpath if the workpiece-color changes to grey (not in this example).

(view in My Videos)

Werner

3 REPLIES

Re: Automatic changing color of workpiece

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have turned off displaying of the selected object in manufacturing.

See Preferences => Manufacturing => User Interface => Operation Navigator.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

The geometry selected for the operation are being highlighted - in your case part and cut area. 

OOTB part geometry is gold, not gray, so either you have changed the defaults, or the part is not using the system color palette.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi Werner, I can't see which NX version you are using, but in NX10 you can turn Off displaying the geometry used in the operations. To do that, go to Customer Defaults -> Manufacturing -> User Interface -> Operation Navigator tab -> Turn Off Display Operation Geometry.

As you have Display Selected Objects turned On you will still be shown the tool path automatically when selecting a generated operation.

Cheers
Lars Okkels
Siemens Industry Software
Lars Okkels
MBG

Learn online

Solution Information