cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically selection sub operation "tap"

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

when i go to drilling operation, is it possible to select "tap" and the operation will select "tapping"  automatically ?

thank you

Amnon

4 REPLIES

Re: Automatically selection sub operation "tap"

I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you want the system to select the correct tap TOOL based on the threads in the model, then FBM is the solution.

If you want to save an operation with a tap tool selected for reuse, then copy/paste or a template will do it.

Can you explain in NX terms what you are doing?

For example, Create Operation, Type = hole_making, Subtype = Tapping.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think he means that when a tap drill is selected.. it's obvious one may want to use a tap after that operation... so it would be nice to have that option available quickly... and if the user used other systems in the past it is usually available in some form. 

I'd suggest reading though this thread.... especially the last page. 

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX/Holemaking/m-p/321355#M4995

Transitioning from a Delcam package.. some things are annoying and maybe not as user friendly, but the same can be achieved with a slightly different workflow.

hope this helps.  

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mark

sorry for late responce. i was busy in creating tools + feeds and speeds.

about tap, i mean that when i open operation spot dril or other, select from tools tap, i automatically get in the operation in "cycle"   "standard tap" 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Amnon wrote:

Hi Mark

sorry for late responce. i was busy in creating tools + feeds and speeds.

about tap, i mean that when i open operation spot dril or other, select from tools tap, i automatically get in the operation in "cycle"   "standard tap" 

You should only use the tapping operation for tapping, all others are not meant for it.

Drilling is not P2P, the drilling operations are specialized and not of general purpose.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information