Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axis Naming

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi All:

We are working on a Waldrich Colburg MTSK with 10 or more Head attachments in addition FACING HEAD. This is not a problem but I was just wondering why my C-Axis name is different in machine tool builder vs simulation axis dialog?

NX 11....... Version customer specified.

MACINE AXIS DIALOG FROM the builder

2019-05-09 09_06_57-Machine Axis Positions.png2019-05-09 09_08_08-Greenshot.png

When simulating machine code file I see C_1c ? How would we check that the correct axis is loaded?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Axis Naming

Phenom
Phenom
Doing same machine model right now - G code looks familiar. I don't have quite as many heads or a facing one yet. I am trying to make 3 machine models use one post (slight differences.) I am interested in this too (dynamic rename rules.) It seems out of the box examples named device rotaries in ways to not compete for axis name.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Bruce,

I would say it´s a ui bug. The 0 from C10 was trimmed in the dialog that you have the impression that it is a C.
Would it be possible that you test it in a higher NX version? If the problem still exist please create a ticket via GTAC.

Thanks
Thomas

Phenom
Phenom
On my machines/devices C is part of the ram (luckily.) So the kinematic chain is XYZC+head and most heads have no rotary. I am not into the sim yet (just the machine model and post.) I may be over my head with that (but intend to give it a shot.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Study,

there are differnent ways to handle axis names dynamically BUT you need a well defined axis and pocket naming and numbering definition before you start writing the head/tool change programs. It makes the life more easier and you have the control. Otherwise NX will do this for you automatically.

To react more flexible  I also suggest to work with the kinematic chain information. The cse function "getKinematicChainAxis" returns the axes in the current active chain. 

Let me know if that was helpful or if you need further information about the OOTB implementations

Thomas

Phenom
Phenom
Thomas, Thanks, I think I understand. I have some experience but always had a better resource (than me) who would do most of it. For another reason, I have designed the device names to give the postprocessor the device kinematic geometry. The customer wanted the postprocessor to manage the rail position and potentially handle other transitioning around a large part. I told them to just simulate and edit above when problems found (but they still want some automatic options.) I decided to start with both (if I can manage it.) Thanks, Dan
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Learn online

Solution Information