Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

B live axis turning

Hello everyone,

First of all,sorry if there is a complete guide for a "b live axis turning" for mazak-integrex i300 smooth but I am a little newbie about machining. I am using NX 10,selecting center point of insert for tracking point, providing b axis turning with UDE > insert > b=90 (etc), tool path and simulation shows very good rotation of insert however when I try it on integrex I300, It rotates B axis from spindle pivot,not center of insert radius. (Btw post includes G0 B0.)

I am willing to get a proven guide for b live axis turning, may you guys help me? Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: B live axis turning

B Axis turning is available as a preview in NX 11.0.1 and NX 11.0.2. If you are interested in joing the EAP program to test this, please contact Juergen Becker beckerjuergen@siemens.com. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

And (if waiting isn't an option) try using generic motion with a lathe tool. I believe you have to flip an environment variable to have NX allow it:

UGII_CAM_ALLOW_TURN_TOOL_IN_GMC  1

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Just to be clear on the question. Your posting states "It rotates B axis from spindle pivot,not center of insert radius". That would indicate that you have a problem in the simulation. Not in the programming. Am I correct? Bob Wijers NX CAM Product Management

My impression was that it is about real machine behaviour.

Which makes it similar to my questions:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/proven-sample-of-l...

...and which confirms my theory, that knowledge how to write working B-live axis turning NC-program, is still a mysterious in many cases...

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

In my trials - G43 P1 when using mazatrol tool data will track the tool tip for head/tool. This is set up in parameters (the lengths.) Is that what you are talking about?
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Nevermind - it is non-dynamic. You would have to break the move into a lot of points - that is unusable.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information