Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best methologoy for managing a large tool magazine in NX

Hey guys

So I wanted to put this out for discussion since this is my first machine I'm going to buy with more than 60 tools. Looking at a Matsuura MAM 72-35v or yasda px30i. Both machines have 330 tools and I'm looking at a way to manage this in NX.

Right now with my 60 tool horizontal I'm just opening a setup file that I have tools saved and the right fixtures, renaming it with the new part and going on there. But the 60 tool machine we pull and reload tools all the time. This new machine I want to dedicate the first 150 tools for resident positions.

Is there a way to manage the tooling list that comes in with the machine tool ISV kit without having the ISV license?

Is there a way to manage a library in a different file and pull it in to a new setup?
Tips/tricks? Trying to get my ducks in a row before I write the P.O.

Thanks

Dennis

NX11.0.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Best methologoy for managing a large tool magazine in NX

Bump

Anyone on here have any suggestions???

NX11.0.1

a couple suggestions...

1) Can you just edit the "main" machine tool part to add a carrier with all the tools pre-defined?
Then when you add the machine to the NC program part, the tools "come along for the ride)?
(I'm not sure if this will work - try adding a carrier and a coupe tools, and see what happens)

2) You could crceate an operation template part with various tool "libraries".  Define each library as a carrier, with all the tools under it.  set the CARRIER as a "template" object.  Set all the tools as "create if parent created" (and if you don't care about loading it individually, UNSET "use as template).

Then you can pull in the carrier(s) you need & all the tools come in.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Look for an old post called Define Tools just for 1 Machine by Patrick Delisse which may help you.

NX 11.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information