cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blade Finish Smoothness

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Does using a larger percentage in Tool Axis Control > Tool Axis Smoothing produce a better surface finish? How does it control the output of CNC code?

3 REPLIES

Re: Blade Finish Smoothness

What operation?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

When I asked the question yesterday I was asking specifically about the Blade Finish operation. However now that I have had time to experiment I've had the chance to try out different settings and I have found that the biggest issue was the way my setup was.

I was given the task of developing a blade disk segment demo for one of the 5-axis machines my company manufactures and because the segment was going to be originally setup on a 5-axis vise and machined 90 degrees from the orientation blades are actually machined.

The situation that was causing the non-smoothness I was experiencing was because of a singularity in the kinematics of the machine.

Since yesterday it was determined that the demo should be developed so that the segment is machined in the orientation it is in a typical real life blade disk.

Blake, it sounds like you are on the right track.

If you need further help, we'll get you hooked up with the Product Manager for that area.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information