Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bridges, tabs, ears ....

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi,

The graphic in my previous message was too bad. I had not much time to share it like now. I am at work.

Operation Parameters

Command is Finish Floor

1- I regulated boundaries.

Part - Blank and Check Boundaries

2- Specify Floor

For Ears,

You must attach check boundaries by point to list. And you must verify plane of points from floor distance.

Thats All.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I would tend to model this in the "manufatcuring model" part (e.g. the part with the nest in it)

You could create/use a user-defined feature to make this simpler/easier.

Not sure if it would be easier to select as "part" or "check" geometry in CAM.

Then CAM would automatically recognize & avoid it  (note *tool path* edits are NOT retained when you regenerate the operations in NX), whereas if it is part of the geometry, it will behave correctly when the operation is regenerated, or if you want to move where the "tab" is located.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Ken_A,

I have not used UDF in modeller session.Geometry level and operation level is different each other.There is positive and negative sides between each other.

Matias_B's inquiry is at operation level.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From my point of view it is always better to have something created in a way that you can see, touch, etc.

Doing these kind of things inside of an operation just as a setting is nothing I would favor.

This request is similar to the cut-off section for wire EDM, so it might be possible to use that instead.

I would create solid bodies as cut-off tabs, which can be used by all milling operations and which are always visible to the user. The user can also easily change the location of the solid bodies if there is need to do so.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information