Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bulk editing stepovers

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

We don't encounter problems with copied operations, but we also have the customer default enabled to automatically set the machining data.

This has worked without problems since NX 7.5 Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Like @Stefan_Pendl says, setting maching data does not care if an operation is copied or not. If you have the machining data library set up, this would work. Even with the customer default to "Always Update" turned off, you would only have to select the operations, right click, Object, Set Machining Data.

Can you use the same stepover for roughing and finishing if you set is as %Tool? Like 25 %Tool?

If you send me your journal I'll try to look at it over the next couple weeks to add selection. If all the operations have the stepover set the same way, it should not be too hard.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry for resonding so increadibly late. Using a recorded Journal that would only change one operation at time, I sent it to Gtac and they added a For/next loop that is specific for the operation at the beginning of the journal and at the end. They didnt tell me where or what it looked like (although they probaby would have if i asked).  I had to look at the journal they added it to and the same journal that didnt have the changes side by side to figure out what and where it was. Once I did i added to all my journals that where the same type of operation. I can now and have been making Bulk stepover edits.  It has saved me hours up hours. Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

Experimenter
Experimenter

can you please take a screen shot of what they entered this would help me out so much

thank you

Phenom
Phenom

I use this guys tool kit. Works perfect for this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnW7CbAAfs

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Learn online

Solution Information