Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM BASICS

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

HELLO ALL,

I NEED TO LEARN BASICS OF NX 3-AXIS CAM. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME THE BOOKS,PDF'S OR VIDEOS SO I CAN BE IN A POSITION TO TRAIN FOR THE BASIC STUFF?

7 REPLIES

Re: CAM BASICS

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello karthik6,

good to see your interest in 3-Axis-Machining in NX CAM.

There are various options to get knowledge in the functionality. My first choice would always be to take a training class in the beginning by a professional trainer. You can ask NX CAM resellers or your Siemens Salesman for contact details where to get those details. A good training will always be an efficient way to get up to peed with the software and also learn the hidden tips & tricks, that are not so obvious.

With that being said, let me introduce other possibilities also. Siemens PLM offers an own YouTube channel with a Playlist called NX CAM Tech Tips (just click on the link). There is a variety of videos that will introduce you to the functionality in NX CAM.

Siemens PLM and our channel partners also offer webinars, videos and blogs to help you getting started. 

Another very useful help for you are our Manufacturing Tutorials directly implemented into NX CAM. You can find the button on the upper right of your screen, when you have NX CAM opened up. We added two tutorials for 3-Axis-Machining, where the complete process is explained click by click.

2017-09-07 09_35_02-NX 11 - Manufacturing - [Corner_Smoothing_All_But_Last_Pass_1.prt].png

2017-09-07 09_37_45-NX 11 - Gateway - [hsm.prt].png

Have fun using NX CAM 3-Axis-Machining :-)

Cheers,

Alexander

Genius
Genius

You may want to try a Siemens "Learning Advantage" account.

About Learning Advantage.

Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.1, MP2}

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Not sure how long you have had NX but if your were paying for CAST in previous versions of NX, you should have acces to Learning Advantage now.  May need to contact your VAR or Siemens

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing NX12.0

Thank you for your valuable comments. I will try as per your suggestions.

Hii... @psch_wny..

Can you provide the link of saba where we can get online activities for NX cam .. I have been through Learning advantage page but all I found was objective type questions.. but I need to practice activities step by step

is it possible to provide the link???

Genius
Genius

You would have to contact your reseller and ask for a "Learning Advantage" account.

They will provide you with a user name and password so you can access all the training materials.

It is very inexpensive.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.1, MP2}

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note that once you start a L.A. course, typically on the first page (way at the bottom) is a link to download all the parts for the exercises.  You may have to scroll down to see it.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information