Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Configuration within NX11

PLM World Member Builder PLM World Member Builder
PLM World Member Builder

Hello Community,

Can anyone describe what is the purpose of the following MACH subfolders and their contents ( or point me to the help file), I’m trying to determine if we need to centralise them and also whether their content need to be added too/modified during the general use of CAM.

/application

/docmaps

/localization

/manifests

/mpl

/post_configurator

/program_manager

/startup

/templates

/updates

Best Regards

4 REPLIES

Re: CAM Configuration within NX11

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You only need to centralize the MACH\resource folder all other folders are not customizable.

Best is to follow the instructions of the NX_Custom package listed in the Programming & Customization forum.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

These folders belong under MACH in the installation. I don't thik there is anything in those folders for users to customize. If you are doing menu customization, your changes should be in a separate folder.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

/updates: is important to have a look at. In a release higher than x.0.0 you will find some updated template files (like hole_making.prt) and from NX11 on also .def and .tcl extension files (e.g. for new tools). If I want to know what has changed I often look inside this folder.

/templates: contains the part files with e.g. operation templates and so on.

/mpl: You probably mean mlp. These are files related to the new Machining Line Planner application within NX. There is really no purpose touching these files.

The rest is too difficult to describe without access to a NX installation.
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.2 MP1 D1
In testing NX 12

JSchraitle wrote:

/updates: is important to have a look at. In a release higher than x.0.0 you will find some updated template files (like hole_making.prt) and from NX11 on also .def and .tcl extension files (e.g. for new tools). If I want to know what has changed I often look inside this folder.

I would add that the mach\updates folder is for Siemens updates, not user customization. 

The contents of the updates\templates folders replace those found in your resource files.

The contents of the updates\library folders are merged with your resource files.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information