Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Reuse Library - Component dimensions not updating from spreadsheet

Creator
Creator

Good Morning guys,

Im new to using the CAM reuse library and having issues getting my component to update the variable dimension from the spreadsheet.

I started by creating the component and adding the expressions. in this case i am making a washer and my expressions are ID, OD, and THICKNESS for which i put in the dimesions for the smallest size from my spreadsheet (No.6) and then saved the component in my Cam reuse folder. 

I then located the component, right clicked and created a KRX file. From here i linked it to my spreadsheet that has all the variable dimensions on it and defined the parameters i wanted to be changed from the "Primary Parameters" drop down list in the pop up window when the component is dragged into the browser screen.

The problem is when i select the variable i want (No.8, 1/4", etc) from the drop down list it updates the information, but the component size dosent update with it and when i right-click and select "edit reuse component" the dimension have reverted back to the original dimension from the expression, Display in red, and dont update to whats on the spreadsheet.

Any help is much appreciated! 

2 REPLIES

Re: CAM Reuse Library - Component dimensions not updating from spreadsheet

Creator
Creator

Ok guys (and gals) I was able to figure it out. It was an issue I had in the spreadsheed. The information was copied from the manufactures website and included the " symbol in the cell and i didnt catch it.

Hopfully this thread helps someone else in the future.

Re: CAM Reuse Library - Component dimensions not updating from spreadsheet

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You should mark your reply as a solution. That way, people know that the issue was solved and may want to read the post to see how.

Learn online

Solution Information