Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Template putting back the dummy part

Genius
Genius

I created a Template by loading C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\template_part\metric\mill_planar_assy.prt, loading the machine I wanted, then saving it as Coating.prt. When I use this template, it loads, replaces the dummy target part, looks good on the screen for about 1 second, then the dummy part comes back and my part is gone.

Taking a peek at the long it appears the old target part (mill_plnar_target.prt) is removed and my part is added (Transition.prt) but then it loads the old target part again followed by an error.

Closing/deleting Basic D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\template_part\metric\mill_planar_target.prt
**** Replace Component: Replacing an old unloaded instance 53893 with a new part D:\CAD\Transition.prt
Assembly Navigator: Node structure update deferral is enabled

NX Load Options Are :-
    Load Options      : Load as saved
    Load Latest       : Find exact version of partnames
    Load Components   : Load all the component parts
    Failure Option    : Do not abort load on failure
    Load Fully        : Do not fully load the component parts
    Representations   : Do not use lightweight
    Load Substitution : Do not allow substitutions on load
    Reference Sets    : As Saved, Use Model, None, Empty
                      : Do not apply to all levels
    Load Wave Data    : Default load behaviour
    Part family members : Regenerate missing members automatically
    D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\mach\resource\template_part\metric\Coating.prt is on a ntfs filing system

Loading "D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\mach\resource\template_part\metric\Coating.prt" which was saved in NX V10.0
Loading "D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\template_part\metric\mill_planar_target.prt" which was saved in NX V10.0
  Read in child of instance data for part "D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\MACH\resource\template_part\metric\mill_planar_target.prt", ref set MODEL (141278), cpu    0.016, real    0.011
Partition info: RM:3 (0.0, 0.0) CM:1 (0.0, 0.0) EXP:1 (0.0, 0.0) PATT:1 (0.0, 0.0) OCC:1 (0.0, 0.0) PS:3 (0.0, 0.0) 
  Read in all for part "D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\mach\resource\template_part\metric\Coating.prt", cpu    0.124, real    0.122
Partition info: RM:1 (0.0, 0.0) CM:1 (0.0, 0.0) EXP:1 (0.0, 0.0) PATT:1 (0.0, 0.0) OCC:1 (0.0, 0.0) KF:1 (0.0, 0.0) 
Loaded and updated part "D:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\mach\resource\template_part\metric\Coating.prt" cpu    0.140, real    0.140
CAM_FILE: openGeneral: Asked to open zero length filename*** EXCEPTION: Error code  1770007 in line 1254 of D:\workdir\reference\NX1003_5\src\camsmom\no\ind\mom_tcl_definitions.c at Mon Aug 29 15:22:55 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
+++ Cannot open file 

[ 1] 07FED40D7DA4                                                              (libsyss) 
[ 2] 07FED40D7A6B                                                              (libsyss) 
[ 3] 07FED40D8BA1                                                              (libsyss) 
[ 4] 07FED40D8F12                                                              (libsyss) 
[ 5] 07FED4091ECE                                                              (libsyss) 
[ 6] 07FED40904D2                                                              (libsyss) 

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Mark

7 REPLIES

Re: CAM Template putting back the dummy part

Mark, I've never seen this. I'm not sure how you saved a copy of the OOTB tempalte part. When you open Coating.prt and look in the Assembly Navigator, is mill_planar_target still there? In properties, does it have the attribute CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE=target? 

Did you add Coating.prt to the setup library in CAM (mach\resource\template_dir\template.dat)? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello

Make sure the component part has the attribute CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE and it is set to Target. Also set your load options so that you are NOT using partial loading. I would also use From Folder. The other thing, if you are setting this up in the File - New, make sure in your pax file you are using a "library" type config, such as cam_express.dat. You need to pick up the correct handlers from the config. If you are using a role, that has a cam_general.dat config specified - this will be an issue. I would call GTAC, since they can appshare and see what is going on.

Genius
Genius

Mark, Jim,  Thanks for the quick replies.

Everything is set up correctly as far as the attributes.  The problem appears to be relatedto my custom machines. If I:

1. Load an existing template delivered with NX 10.

2. Switch the machine and save.

The template works with everything but my machine. The machine works correctly if I load it in a setup instread of using a template.

What I don't understand is why. Even if I switch to my machine then delete it in the assembly, I still get the following error in the log.  So, it doesn't appear to be related to the parts and assemblies I'm loading. 

CAM_FILE: openGeneral: Asked to open zero length filename*** EXCEPTION: Error code 1770007 in line 1254 of D:\workdir\reference\NX1003_5\src\camsmom\no\ind\mom_tcl_definitions.c at Tue Aug 30 14:52:10 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
+++ Cannot open file

Maybe it is something to do with the tcl post processor?  

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Mark

Do your machine part files contain any components that have Solid Edge references? If we are maintaining some sort of interop and it cant find the part file, the returned file name value maybe null in the calling. function We should handle the error...but. I am just grasping at straws. I would have to have your stuff to diagnose

Jim

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

At this point, (if it is not the Solid Edge issue per Jim) it might be best to log a call with GTAC and see if they can figure out what is going on.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I had this not too long ago. It turned out to be a configuration error in the yourmachine.dat file. The really annoying thing here is that nothing points to this problem. If the above message would at least mention which file can't be opened you would know where to start looking.
W10 NX11.0.1 almost NX12.0.0.27

Genius
Genius

Thanks @DJS, that was the right hint.  It turned out mymachine.dat was right, but it referenced another file that had a typo in it.  

Like you said, it would have been nice if NX would tell you WHAT file it couldn't find.

I finally found the missing file byright clicking on the machine in Machine Tool View, Selecting properties, and clicking the "Information" Icon.  This gave an error and wrote the filename it couldn't load to the log. Going straight to "Information" in the rt mouse click menu wouldn't genereate the error.

Fixing this also fixed my original problem.

Learn online

Solution Information