Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CAM and Teamcenter

NX 9 and TC 10

Many, maybe all, of our CAM guys don't use the Teamcenter rich client, instead launching TC via a seperat .bat file.   They have been encouraged by Siemens CAM reps to work this way, since they don't "need" full on Teamcenter.  I have no issue with this, but now they are wondering, if they get a work order for a part number they have made before, how do they find the CAM file in Teamcenter, using the built in Teamcenter navigator in NX?

In the rich client, I can search the part number, then use the impact analysis to see what CAM file is using the model, but the navigator in NX doesn't have an impact analysis tool.

How is this done at other companies?  it seems the connection between the CAM file and the master model, isn't as well defined, as say the master model to the drawing.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
4 REPLIES

Re: CAM and Teamcenter

Our CAM guys use the full client.

If you assign the CAD part item ID as the "Item name" for the CAM part, can you search the "Item name" property in the NX navigator?

Note (typically) the drawing is just a different dataset in the CAD part item, so once you find one, you find both (yes, I am aware some companies use separate items for the model and the drawing)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

"If you assign the CAD part item ID as the "Item name" for the CAM part, can you search the "Item name" property in the NX navigator?"

That was my suggestion to them, along with putting CAM in the name, to make it very obvious what it was.

-Dave

There is an impact analysis in NX, see Information => Assembly => Where Used.

Sorry, there is no where referenced.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

That may help...it would be nice if it was part of the TC Navigator, but this is a plus, thanks!

-Dave

Learn online

Solution Information