Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLS modification to output RAPID inplace of GOHOME

Experimenter
Experimenter

When using a gome home point under non cutting moves avoidance the CLS output is GOHOME I would like the output to be RAPID. Im using Camplete to post to a micron 5 axis machine and the GOHOME from Camplete is outputing a G1 and I would like it to be G0. As a work around I'm doing an edit replace in note pad to change the GOHOME to RAPID.

Current CLS output    GOHOME/0.00000,5.63816,1.05212

Preferred output          RAPID/0.00000,5.63816,1.05212

3 REPLIES

Re: CLS modification to output RAPID inplace of GOHOME

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Depending on the CLSF type you use, you change a copy of the appropriate files contained in %UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\clsf, search the tcl and def file for gohome and replace it with rapid in the appropriate places.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Stefan_Pendl, The only place that made sense to change was in the cls.tcl file changed MOM_output_literal "GOHOME" to MOM_output_literal "RAPID" That didn't work I really thought it would. Also changed all the gohome text to rapid same result. # proc MOM_gohome_move {} CALLED FOR THE GOHOME/ STATEMENT #______________________________________________________________________ proc MOM_gohome_move {} { global mom_motion_type TOOL_AXIS_output if {$mom_motion_type == "GOHOME_DEFAULT"} { MOM_output_literal "RAPID" } else { need_ijk MOM_force once color MOM_do_template paint_color MOM_do_template gohome }

Have you asked camplete to fix their post? By definition, GOHOME is a rapid move.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information