Hi NX Manufacturing programs,
I am working in NX 7.5 post builder, How to do custom commands & UDE in post builder of lathe rough cycle (G70,G71,G72) for fanuc control , if any one having TCL custom command share with me or any can explain about lathe rough cycle, But right now I don’t have time to tcl write custom command from scratch, I need to develop some turning components with in days, so you can understand my critical position, please help to do this as soon as
This is WAY easier in NX9. PB9.0.3 (not sure about 9.0.0 oor 9.0.2) if you create a new lathe post using the "Library" -> "fanuc" or "fanuc system A" controller it will create (in "Canned cycles" area) a "Lathe roughing" canned cycle.
Then in a NX9 part, you can set the output of a lathe rough operation (in "Machine control" block)motion output to "machine cycle"
If you insist on using NX7.5, my basic approach would be:
1) Use UDE in operation to trigger cycle output
2) Define the tool large enough to remove all material in ONE pass (i.e. if the rough removes 2" deep of material, make the insert 2.5" on a side)
3) In the operation, add the UDE and make ONE pass (I would use an OD finish template op & leave whatever stock you want to leave. Then set the cycle's stock params to 0. Otherwise you'll need to specify the stock in the UDE and the op would cut with no stock, then you'll have to add blank stock to the finish pass operation(s) so they have something to cut)
4) Add appropriate code to the post (no, I'm not going to write it for you). Yes, this WILL require you (or someone) write tcl code.
5) expect your path times to be wrong (by a lot) as NX thinks you are only making one pass, but the machine will make many.
Sorry I can't be of more help
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled
If there are only a couple of jobs that are urgent.
It would be fairly easy to post out a single pass op as Ken suggested and then hand edit in the G71 etc
I am not yet resolve this lath rough cycle issue, I have been tried custom commands and UDE & single tool path operation but this out put not properly , I need tcl custom command for the rough cycle, if any one having the tcl commands share me.it is useful for me.