Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE - CYCLE60 engraving text

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello I have problem with simulation of Sinumerik CYCLE60 - engraving text.

I downloaded this cycle from machine to be able to simulate it, and generaly it works. But I have problem with declaration of text.

If I set it like this - CYCLE("TEXT", ...) it works in simulation, and also on real machine, here is not problem.

If I go thru variable f.e. _VAR_TEXT = "TEXT" and write  CYCLE60(_VAR_TEXT, ...) it works, simulation engraves TEXT, real machine tool also engraves TEXT.

But problem with this variable is, if I open this cycle on the machine (to change depth of text or something), it automaticaly set to the first paramater " ",  so if I close cycle I get CYCLE60("_VAR_TEXT",...) and  machine engrave name of the variable _VAR_TEXT.

So I tried to output the same declaration as is on real machine, when you manualy set variable to the cycle CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>", ...) - in cycle dialog. On real machine is not problem. But in simulation I got Error message,  and I cannot continue with simulation. As I learnt, the problem is in coma between TEXT and _VAR_TEXT. But no have idea how to avoid it.

Is there any workaround or way how to make declaration of text thru the variable? Does anybody solve this problem.

Whole declaration of CYCLE60:

CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>",50.,-0.,1.,,5,200,0,0.,0.,0.,50.,10,20.,100.,10011000,1252,0,100,11,1)

Thanks

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing
10 REPLIES

Re: CSE - CYCLE60 engraving text

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi, 

What error message comes up?

Which text engraves the machine with CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>", ...) ? 

The simplest workaround would be to avoid this input ;-)

Thomas

Solution Partner Genius
Hi,
thanks for answer. Yes I wanted to avoid it but customer wants it:-). Because of it we tried it with simple variable CYCLE(_VARIABLE,...). But on machine tool, the control system add these characters "", if you edit it.

When the simulation come to CYCLE("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>",... the first message is "Method substr was called with an invalid argument type"

Here are all message from log:
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, Method substr was called with an invalid argument type.
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, Unspecified error when executing method 'SUBSTR'.
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, The method 'FormatString' was called with an invalid number of arguments.
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX 1, Right side of assignment has an undefined value.
&MACRO BACK 0 0 ! Back Callback
&MACRO ASK_ITEM 6160385 (1 LIST 0) = 1 ! List

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

thanks for your answer. To clarify if it´s a parser or a CCF/MCF problem please answer my previous question:

Which text engraves the machine with CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>", ...) ?

and in addition

Which output is needed? CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>", ...) ? or CYCLE60(<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>, ...) ? or any other option?

thanks

Thomas

Legend
Legend

Can you share how you've managed to get the Cycle60 code out of the controller and how to install this into ISV/CSE "please". We could really do with this option as well as we constantly have to engrave part no. and S/N onto the cylindrical parts that we do here.

That would be awesome.Cycle60 seems the way to go

Thanks for posting this btw, great idea!

Siemens Phenom
Hi,

we from SiemensPL got the cycles from SiemensMC directly. For legal reasons its not allowed to ship them as plain text with NX installation. Therefore they are encrypted as cyc file.

As regular user it´s very simple to download the machine data (including cycles) from the controller.
The following steps are on your own risk! You access directly to machine data settings. So I accept no liability for any damages on the controller or machine tool!

1. Enter Manufacturer Access Level password for Sinumerik on HMI Setup tab (google is your friend for the password)
2. Go to 'System Data' --> now you are on he file system
3. Copy the cycles you need from NC data -- Cycles -- Standard Cycles

Thomas

Siemens Phenom
I shortly looked int the code and it seems that there is something wrong. There is more time and effort needed to find the problem. So I suggest that you call GTAC for a ticket.

Thanks
Thomas

Legend
Legend

Thanks for the explaination Thomas, very kind. I'll use your approach and report here of our progress. I'll see if the var works for OP's problem also.

Regarding "liability"... I don't think anyone here have the capacity and money to afford suing Siemens. In our case, and after having recently upgraded our software fleet, we can't even afford a decent holiday for this Christmas anymore.

As long as the cycle60 doesn't break my Logitech PS/2 mouse or my fingers, I think we'll be just fine Smiley Wink

Thanks again

Solution Partner Genius

Sorry I was out of office.

@thomasfeind yes the version we need is  CYCLE60("<TEXT,_VAR_TEXT>",....).

This is as you can do it directly in SInumerik, when you put there text variable thru the control panel.

But simulation cannot handle it.

@CWilson as Thomas explain, my customers downloaded it from the machine tool and I put it to the subprogram folder. And it works without any further work. But only with simple text, or with simple variable as I wrote in initial post.

Thanks

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Legend
Legend

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll see what I can find at my end and let you know

Didn't even know about cycle60 lol Might become realy usefull for incremental numbers one day. Looking forward to this if we ever need this, likely. Thanks!

Learn online

Solution Information