Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSE Fanuc Machine Data - G68.2/G53.1 calculated angles for rotaries

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi experts,

I looked through many Fanuc manuals but I didn´t found any machine datum which includes the calculated angles from G68.2/G53.1 commands as is it known from Heidenhain (Q120, Q121, Q122) or Sinumerik ($P_TCANG[1-4]) control.

Does anyone know from which #variables I can read the values on the real controller?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CSE Fanuc Machine Data - G68.2/G53.1 calculated angles for rotaries

Phenom
Phenom
The impression I have is that G68.2 G53.1 rotary solutions are determined by TCP parameters (same ones used to determine G43.5 IJK solutions.) This includes the rules that the tcp parameters use for shortest path/limits etc. I have found no other settings and we have Fanuc people around so I am pretty sure about this. There is no equivalent to tcarr on a fanuc but there is a G10.8 table that allows the same tcp parameters to be switched in a more convenient way (than G10 L50 or whatever.) They are still not a separate transformation mechanism - just a way to switch the same one. TCARR is a new transformation at the end of TRAORI (better.) 19666, 19680-19711 are the key kinematic TCP parameters. There are others for behavior (as you probably have seen.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Siemens Phenom

Thanks for the detailled explanation! I found the mentioned parameters also before but I expected to find something similar to TCANG and Q12x varibale.

Phenom
Phenom
TCARR (as you know) is static and not linked to an axis feedback. With the Fanuc - the one TCP mechanism is more like TRAORI. You can manipulate the perceived current position (for TCP) a couple of ways. One is to change the initial spindle orientation based on an effect of a hypothetical axis (19698, 19699.) Another (and I have no experience with it) is to release the link to feedback and make it hypothetical (19696.0 and 19696.1 set to 1) and then set it with 19685 and/or 19690. I can (and should) verify this with our Fanuc contacts when I see them in person. I also need to have an approach to do this.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Siemens Phenom
Hi,

this would be great to have more insights to that! Thanks a lot! Let me know if you have more information from your contacts.

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information